seventy one: hookers & investigations (part four)

when you both got back inside, rossi and morgan gave the two of you an odd look. when you gave them somewhat of a reassuring smile, you let go of reid's hand for a moment to fix your hair before coughing a little bit and excusing yourself once more. 

you walked outside again by yourself as the rest of them stayed inside to talk about the case. 

"jesus," you said, feeling nausea fill the back of your throat. you swallowed it back before it was beginning to overcome you. you looked around, trying to see if there was anything that you could throw up in but all there were was bushes. 

"______," morgan said as he came out of the building. your back was facing him as you tried to swallow down the nausea that was filling your throat it seemed like. when you felt like it was gone, you turned around to face him.

"you okay?" morgan asked. you felt the nausea overcome you again as you nodded, trying to force it back down. you were so confused as to why you were feeling this sickness. you tried to keep it back but you felt that if you spoke, it would come out. 

you turned back around, rushing over to the bush that was closest to you and throwing up.  you stayed there for a minute before you felt morgan help you up. you put a hand to your head as you tried to close your eyes. 

"_____? ______, are you okay?" he asked. you run a hand through your hair as you felt sick again for a brief moment before you looked up at him. 

"yeah, no, i'm fine," you muttered. 

"are you sure?" he asked softly. you nodded.

"i'm fine, morgan," you said with a somewhat sterner voice before apologizing. "sorry, i don't know what's happening to me." 

morgan gave you a look before grabbing your hand tightly in his as you pressed your hand to your head again. 

"i cannot be feeling like this right now," you said to him as you started crying some. " i cannot be feeling like this when we have all this shit to do. i don't even know why i'm crying, morgan!" 

he pulled you into a hug, holding you tightly to him. you felt your tears stop coming out of your eyes as you let go of morgan to give him a soft smile to reassure him. he raised an eyebrow at you. 

"are you okay to go back inside now? reid thinks that he has a lead on someone. they are running the finger print now," morgan told you. you nodded, feeling a headache coming back to your head. 

when you got back inside with morgan, you saw reid staring at you in confusion as you gave him a smile through the headache. he took your hand back in his as you tried to not focus on how you were feeling and tried to focus back towards the case. 

-
the next day, you, reid, rossi, and morgan were all packing and getting ready to leave. reid walked downstairs without you as he met morgan and rossi. they gave him a questioning look.

"kid, where's ______?" morgan asked reid as he let out a sigh. 

"she said she was going to the bathroom and would meet us down here in five minutes," reid said as morgan and rossi nodded while they all stood down there and waited. 

-
you sat down on the toilet cover in shock. you put a hand to your head as you felt sick to your stomach as you tried to understand what was happening. when you did decide to meet everyone downstairs, you threw away the pregnancy test as you washed your hands and proceeded to grab your bag as you headed back down to the lobby. 

when you got down to where they were, you paused for a minute to compose yourself as you tried to focus on just getting home right now. you took a deep breath before walking out to meet them.

"hey, there you are," reid said softly as he slipped his hand into yours which pulled you closer to him. you got another wave of nausea as morgan looked at you in confusion. 

"you alright, _____?" he asked as rossi and reid looked at you. you nodded, looking towards the ceiling before giving reid a smile as you swallowed the sickness back. he squeezed your hand gently as they began to leave and get on a plane back to quantico. 

-
after landing and entering the b.a.u building, you gave reid a small smile as you let out a sigh. 

"i think i'm going to go visit garcia for a little bit," you told him. "i'll meet you at the apartment." 

he nodded, pressing a kiss to your forehead as he left the building. you watched him go before turning around and walking off to garcia's office space. when you got to where she was, you knocked on her door before opening it slightly. 

"hey! i was wondering when you guys would be back home," she said with a smile. 

you gave her a nervous one as she cocked her head. "something's wrong." 

you felt tears come to your eyes as you looked up towards the ceiling before looking back into her concerned eyes. she gave you a confused, concerned look as you let out a shaky sigh. 

"garcia," you began. you wiped your eyes some before finally spilling it. "i'm pregnant." 

garcia stood up as she instantly pulled you into a tight hug. "_____, this is so amazing! congratulations!" 

you shook your head as she let go of you. 

" reid and i aren't ready to be parents," you said with a shaky cry. "we didn't want kids yet because of how well our jobs are going right now. i don't know how to be a parent."

garcia rubbed your arm as she gave you a gentle smile. 

"____, if there is anything i know about you is that you are a badass and you are one of the strongest people i know. you and reid will be great parents." 

you shook your head, running a hand through your hair.

"how did i not get symptoms until now?" you muttered. "we haven't done anything for about a month and a half. it's not like we do anything on a regular basis. how did this happen?"

garcia let out a sigh as she took you back into her arms. "_____, it'll be okay. if you ever need anything, please let me know. but for now, you need to tell reid."

you shook your head. "i can't. he'll be concerned about me."

garcia chuckled. "_____, that's his job as your boyfriend."

you nodded. "but there is a baby in my body, garcia. how the hell is he going to take that news." 

she let out a sigh as she pulled you back into a hug. "_____, you will be okay. you got this. call me if you need anything."

you nodded, shutting the door to her office as you called reid. 

"hey, honey," you started as garcia listened to your introduction to your call to reid. "can we talk when i get home? great," you said softly as you walked out of the b.a.u. and towards your car.