one hundred and thirty five: nightmarish visions

"hey, hey, _____!" you heard your name being called as someone shook you awake from the nightmare you were having. your heartbeat was  beating so hard that you felt tears come to your eyes as you finally opened them and looked up at who was calling you.

it was reid.

when you looked up, you tried to swallow but felt like you couldn't. you felt sick to your stomach.

"hey, is everything okay?" he asked, sitting down next to you as you ran a hand through your hair. the parents came down from their room as you felt your heart rate trying to slow down.

"what the hell is going on?" the dad asked as reid continued to sit with you while you ran a hand through your hair and tried to focus your eyes on something but you kept moving around the cushions with your eyes.

"nothing is going on. everything is fine, just please," morgan said to them. "just try to go back upstairs and go to sleep."

the parents nodded, beginning to walk upstairs as the mom looked back at you.

you were now holding onto his hands as you laid forewords with your head on his chest while he tried to make you feel better.

"is she okay?" the mother asked. morgan nodded in response as she nodded, giving you one last look as she went upstairs.

"_____, what the hell is scaring you?" morgan asked you as you continued to keep your head in place on reid's chest. he looked up at morgan who made brief eye contact with him before looking back at you.

"_____, can you look at us?" reid asked softly.

you lifted your head off his chest to look up at them, your eyes still watery from the earlier crying in the dream. you wiped away the tears, looking at morgan before looking back down towards the cushion.

"sweetheart, what happened?" reid muttered.

you ran a hand through your hair again as you sat back on one of the pillows behind you.

"it was a murder and," you began, pausing. "and it was of a little boy. i'm not sure if it's because of what you've been telling me, spence, or if it was something that just suddenly came back into my mind but it's scaring me."

you looked up at reid, feeling tears come back to your eyes.

"it's scaring me so badly," you began as a tear rolled down your cheek. "please stop them. i can't do this anymore."

reid shushed you softly, pulling you into his grasp as he held onto you. your grip on him was tight.

reid looked back up towards morgan.

"_____, we cant stop these but maybe we can research the case to get you to stop thinking about it," morgan replied.

reid looked down at you, pressing a kiss to your forehead as you looked up at him.

"you don't mind staying on this couch with me tonight, right?" you asked him gently. reid shook his head, running his fingers through your hair as he moved it away from your eyes. you kept your eyes on him.

"i'll get back to sleep now but please make sure she gets some sleep, reid," morgan said as he nodded, still looking down at you. "sleep, reid. nothing else."

he looked over at him, nodding as reid looked back down at you.

when morgan had left, reid laid back on the pillows behind him as you proceeded to lay on top of him, your head on his chest.

"why is this happening?" you asked him softly.

he sighed, his fingers still running through your hair as you kept your hold on him tight, intertwining your legs together.

"i'm not sure, but just know that i'm here," he said softly, his fingers flowing through your hair as you began to close your eyes, pushing yourself up closer to his as you stayed nearly right under his chin.

he laid, staring up at the ceiling.

"i love you," he told you softly. your breathing pattern was evening out as you had fallen asleep on him now. you felt safe and comforted.

reid smiled to himself.

"i love you more than what i can express," he muttered softly to you, even though you couldn't hear him. he needed you to know- he needed to express it to you.

morgan smiled from the doorway, watching as reid finally closed his eyes and fell asleep with his hand on your back.

he smiled at the two of you once more before going back to the other couch and going to sleep.