fifty six: adoration

as you walked into the room, you immediately went to get a cup of coffee. your were so tired after reid insisted that you two go out which ended up causing you to get drunk to engage in the movie conversation he wanted to have with you.

"oh," reid said with a chuckle as you nearly slipped off the table with your elbow as a drink stayed in your other hand. "you need to be more careful, darling."

you chuckled, leaning forwards as you pressed a kiss to his cheek before leaning back a little to look into his eyes. they were softened as soon as they landed on you.

"good morning to you too, _____," morgan chuckled as you slid down your glasses to the edge of your nose to give him a look before sliding them back up. "oh, okay. what happened?"

"lots of drinks," you muttered. "lots of movies. lots of conversation."

morgan nodded as hotch called the meeting to order. you went and took a seat alongside morgan and reid as hotch stared at you briefly.

garcia came up to the screen, pointing at the crime scene and began explaining it. you put a few fingers to the side of your head, pressing down to confirm that pain was indeed there. you were trying to push it out but it was hurting too badly.

"_____, everything alright?" hotch asked you.

you looked up at him, taking off the glasses as you set them on the table in front of you. "yeah," you nodded, pressing your fingers back to your head. "yeah, i'm fine."

he nodded, going back to paying attention to garcia as you continued to press your fingers to your head. reid glanced over at you before sliding his hand into your other one and holding onto it.

you gave him a small smile, releasing some of the pressure on your head as garcia finished the talk. you let go of his hand as you stood up and put your glasses back on.

you walked out of the room and downstairs to to your desk where you took a seat in the chair, putting your hands to your head as you let out a groan of uncomfort.

"_____," reid asked sweetly as he came and squatted down next to you. "are you alright?"

you took your head out of your hands and gave him a sweet smile. you nodded. "yeah, honey," you told him. "i'm fine. can you just stay with me on the plane. i'll need someone to lay on."

he chuckled. "is that the only reason we sit together? so you can take naps on me?"

you gave him a smile, putting the glasses back on to cover the lights from your eyes.

-
getting on the plane, hotch gave a brief meeting before dismissing everyone to go see if they could discover anything else or to take a brief nap before arriving. it would be a while but you had to get some sleep.

reid had taken a seat in the back in a chair and once you finished talking with morgan, you went over and picked up the book he was holding and proceeded to sit down in his lap.

he gave you a confused look.

"i told you," you said softly to him, shifting your position slightly. "that i was going to," you spoke again before moving again to get more comfortable. "take a nap on you." you finished your sentence, finally being comfortable and smiled as you looked at the book he was reading.

"you can't be reading this one again, reid," you chuckled. he pressed a brief kiss to your cheek, holding onto you tightly.

"i enjoy it," he told you. "you gave it to me."

you blushed, looking down at the notes he had taken in it as you felt yourself smiling and becoming overwhelmed.

"that i did, honey, that i did."

he took the book out of your hands as he began to read it again, his arms wrapped around your waist to keep you up as you laid your head down on his chest.

he smiled, pressing another sweet kiss to your cheek before reading the book you had given him for a year anniversary between the two of you.

he couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by holding onto you. this meant that you felt so protected by him that it meant you could sleep peacefully with him. you knew he would protect you.

you felt secure.

he smiled, feeling the adoration overwhelm him once more.