eighty seven: thirteen year old

this is going off the line in the previous chapter about how jeremy is "interested" in you but it's not the same chapter, just the same idea :)
-

"j.j.," you said as you entered into the security office room. she turned around from talking with the parents as they all three looked at you. "do you have the sweater?" you asked.

she looked towards the table as she went over and picked it up, handing it to you.

"woah, wait, what's that going to do? why do you need it?" the dad asked you as you took the sweater. you looked up at him.

"sir, we only need to borrow it so it can help the search dogs pick up her scent," you replied before leaving the room. j.j. turned back around and stayed with the parents as you left and went out to find hotch.

when you found him, you handed it to him.

"here's the sweater," you said. he nodded, giving it to one of the policeman.

"go find morgan. tell him to meet up with prentiss and help her with keeping the rest of the family under control. i want you to go with reid and do a cognitive interview with jeremy."

"okay," you told him before leaving and walking down towards where morgan and reid were looking at maps of the entire infrastructure.

"morgan," you called out as he turned around. "hotch wants you to stay with prentiss and the rest of the family. reid, we're supposed to go do a cognitive interview with jeremy to see what he remembers."

they both nodded as you walked over to where the family was with morgan to get jeremy.

"jeremy," you said gently as his mother and father looked at you. "we need to borrow him for a little while."

the dad looked between you and his son.

"why?" he asked as the mom nodded along with what he was saying.

"we just need to ask him some questions," you told them as jeremy looked at his parents before following with you and reid. on the way up to the arcade, you looked down at the map in your hand that morgan had given to you.

"what are you thinking?" reid asked you as jeremy listened to what you were both saying in front of you two.

"i'm not sure," you muttered, putting the map in your back pocket. "i'm not sure. but we just have to focus on this interview."

he nodded, walking inside the arcade with jeremy and you.

"what was the first thing you did when you got to the arcade, jeremy?" you asked him, crossing your arms across your chest as reid looked over at you. you had the most gentle look in your eye, trying to keep calm under the circumstances.

"well, i like playing doa," he said. you looked to reid for an answer.

"dead or alive," he said. you nodded, giving him a smile before focusing back on jeremy.

"what do you like so much about it?" you asked him gently as reid watched him physically relax while you stood there, arms lightly crossed over your upper stomach.

"the close combat. it's all about timing, and how well you know your enemies," he said with a small smile as he looked at you. "plus i'm really good at it."

"i bet you are," you said with a smile as reid looked over at you. "so what was the first game you went to when you came in here?" you asked him.

he pointed to a game, walking in front of you to get to it. his body nearly brushed against you, but you moved out of the way so he could go by. reid came and stood next to you as you both followed him.