twenty seven: pure & genuine

"doctor-"

"please tell me to god that you're okay," you pressed out of your body with the little oxygen you seemed to carry left over from running towards the b.a.u.

"yeah, ____, i'm alright. i was shot in the leg but it's just a few weeks on crutches with a brace," reid finished, looking up at his team.

"i'm at the b.a.u.," you said. "i need to see you."

reid nodded, hanging up the phone as he turned around to see you push open the door with your shoulder before turning around and seeing him.

"oh my god, oh my god, oh my god," you seemed to repeat. it was all that you could say.

you couldn't tackle him into a hug like you usually did but you rushed up towards him, pulling him in towards you.

you felt tears running down your cheeks.

"all they told me was that you were shot," you told him softly. you closed your eyes as you nestled your head into his neck, feeling his hair brush gently against your face.

"___, i'm alright, really."

you didn't loosen your grip on him.

"___," he said again, softer this time.

you hummed.

"take me home," he said.

you nodded, letting go of him but still standing close to him. your eyes met his as you smiled up at him, wiping away the tear stains on your cheeks.

"i love you," you told him.

he leaned down as far as he could while you helped him out by standing up on your tiptoes. he pressed a soft kiss to your forehead- and you didn't need anymore confirmation that he loved you too.