seventeen: are you sure

it was eleven o'clock at night when you got the call.

when you picked it up, you were half asleep on the couch but could immediately hear reid and hotchner going at each other in the background.

"i'll be there in five."

-
when you arrived at the b.a.u., you could hear their voices coming from the conference room as morgan saw you and immediately brought you in.

"you could have been killed!" hotchner said, quite aggressively might you add.

"you don't think i know that!" reid said back.

morgan looked over at you, your fingers gripping onto a necklace reid had given you while you stared at the door.

"what happened?"

morgan sighed. "he put himself in jeopardy and blocked the shot that we had in case something went wrong."

your fingers gripped the necklace harder as you continued to stare at the door.

"he won't want to see me," you said softly.

morgan turned to you. "what?"

"he won't want to see me if he's worked up like this," you told him. "so, i don't know why you called me."

as if on cue, reid opened the door and walked down the stairs. he passed everyone and when he got to where you were standing, he looked down into your eyes.

he could see you were stressed, scared, knowing what he wanted but he decided against leaving you. he wanted you right now.

he took his hands out of his pockets to pull you to him by your waist as he pressed his lips to yours.

you were surprised. usually if he was worked up over something, he always wanted to be alone for a while- at most, four hours. he needed time to calm down.

when he let go, he looked down into your eyes once more.

"i thought you liked time alone," you said.

morgan glanced between you two.

"all i want is you," he said, his hand finding yours as he gripped it in his. you continued to look up at him as he pulled you away from morgan and away from the b.a.u.

-
when you both got home, reid immediately pressed himself up against you while you stayed pressed up against a wall.

you looked at him, a confused sparkle in your eye as you aimlessly ran your hand through his hair.

"reid," you spoke softly. "don't you want to cool down? you just fought with your boss."

he shook his head, holding you close to him.

you continued to stare up at him.

"you just want me?" you asked.

he nodded in response.

you swallowed, looking down towards the floor.

"are you sure you want to do this? what if you regret it afterwards?" you questioned him softly.

you could feel his grip getting tighter around you and his eyes wouldn't ever leave yours.

you knew he really wanted this.

"reid," you said again. "i really want you to-"

he cut you off, pressing his lips firmly to yours as you basically sunk into the feeling. you didn't get time like this with him and you honestly missed it.

when you let go, you gave him a sweet smile.

"okay, let's do this."