thirty two: halloween murder cases

"reid, if you want to tell someone all of this," emily said. "just tell ___ or something. save my ears please."

reid chuckled, taking a seat next to you in the conference room of the b.a.u.

"what did you do to her, reid?" you asked.

he shrugged. "she asked me about my weekend plans, so i told her."

"and much more that i didn't need to know," emily chimed in before hotch walked into the room.

you smiled down at the pen in your hand, not being able to listen to what hotch was saying before he cleared his throat.

"hm?" you questioned, looking up.

"agent _____, are you going to be able to focus? or do i need to tell reid to exit the room?"

you shook your head.

"no, i'll be okay," you said, nodding your head as you looked over at reid who was only smiling back over at you.

you couldn't help but smile.

it's all he ever did to you.

-
"so, this killer has a mask on?" you asked the victim's wife. she shook her head, wiping a runaway tear from off her cheek.

"no, i think his face is burnt," she said. "he," she tried to continue but had to pause.

"hey, it's okay. take your time."

she nodded, wiping her nose once more.

"he seemed to sort of blend in with the crowd at the restaurant. he didn't act too suspicious."

you nodded. "thank you for your time."

when you exited, hotch, reid, and rossi were all expectantly awaiting an answer from you.

"she said the unsub's face was badly burnt and he seemed to easily blend into the crowd at the restaurant that our victim was last seen at," you reported.

hotch nodded. "i'll call garcia."

you nodded, watching as they walked off.

everything felt silent, causing you to look up at reid who was staring down at you with a glimmer in those beautiful eyes of his.

"what?"

he shrugged.

"somethings wrong."

you shook your head, trying to deny the fact that he was right. he was not only so damn smart, but a profiler so he knew what he was doing.

"no, reid, i'm alright," you replied.

he pulled you into his hold as you suddenly let some tears loose while you wrapped your arms around his neck.

"i can't imagine losing someone like that," you told him softly. he didn't say anything back but continued to hold onto you.

"reid?" you asked aloud. he nodded, urging you to continue forwards.

"what happens if you get taken away from me?"

he shook his head, instantly tightening his grip around your small body.

"hey, hey, hey, that won't happen," he said. "i will not let it happen because i'll be careful. i've had my experiences in the past."

you nodded, still holding onto him.

"we should get going before hotch comes back," you told him softly and sweetly. reid's grip on you didn't loosen.

"not until you're okay again," he replied.

you smiled, burying your face in the crook of his neck.

"god, i sure do love you spencer reid."