Chapter 13

WORDS: 2071

No one bothered to even look behind them as they kept running. They knew they were now being followed because they heard the car. It sounded like it was right behind them.

They couldn't slow down. Not now. It was one of the worst ways to find out that they were still in danger. They ran into some tall grass, taller than them, and split up and went different directions. There were a few spots that they were able to hide in.

Cynthia had hid over with Paul. She ended up losing sight of John so she couldn't go with him, and the others were hiding by themselves. John heard footsteps coming his way. He had no idea where his mates were, so he was alone. The footsteps got closer and closer.

Then, he saw someone standing in front of him, with his back turned. George popped his head out and John noticed him and smiled. George knew what he was about to do.

John slowly stood up and George watched carefully in case John needed any help. John then reached out and covered his mouth and brought him to ground with himself lying under him, keeping him quiet and slowly cutting off his oxygen.

The guy kept struggling but soon, the struggling stopped and he went limp. John set him aside and grabbed his gun as we went into a crouching position and looked at George, who was looking in a different direction. John knew that it had to mean someone was close to him.

Slowly and quietly, John moved to George's position and told him to be quiet and not to move. After a while, they heard footsteps moving away from them. But then, they both heard Ringo yelp as he was forced up.

"Ye too. Stand up!"

Cynthia stood with her hands up.

"Where are yer friends?"

John was about to stand up but George held him back.

"Geo."

"No John. Yer going to get hurt."

"Not with this I'm not." He said showing the gun to George. John crouch walked until he was behind the guy and stood up. Cynthia's eyes went wide.

"Scared are ye?"

"No. But I think ye should be."

"Why?" He asked as he turned his head and didn't know what hit him as he fell. John bent down to him and spoke. "How many of ye are there?"

No answer.

"Do ye really wanna play that game with me son? I'll ask ye again. If ye don't answer me, ye'll live to regret it."

"There are several other. They were hired to find ye all."

"Is that so? How many is several?"

"Didn't count."

"That many?"

"Yeh."

"Ey does anyone have tape or something?"

"No, why?" Paul said.

"We're taking him with us."

"Is that a good idea?"

"Yeh. Don't worry, he's not going to try anything. Are ye mister?"

John forced him up as the others regrouped and started walking again.

"I am in bad need of a shower."

"I hear ye Paulie. So am I. As a matter of fact, we all are."

They once again got to Brian's neighborhood and started to walk quickly. They knew which house it was because there were several cop cars in front of it and Brian was talking to them outside.