Chapter 19

WORDS: 2158

Cynthia walked in and walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around him, hugging him from behind.

"So, how ye holding up?"

"About not having a smoke since this morning? Not so well." He said truthfully.

"Ye know, yer not going to die if ye go one day."

"I know. But it feels like I will die."

"It'll be over soon enough. Or, ye could end it now and just admit ye can't do it."

"Ey. I can do it. I will not let Paul have the pleasure in getting 50 pounds from me."

"Not to mention, knowing Paul, he would never let ye off the hook about this."

"I know, which is why I can't let him win this." He said hugging Julian. "I can't wait for this little guy to start talking. Then, he could tell Paul off." John said snickering.

"Well, in a few years, he'll be old enough to start acting like ye John."

"What are ye talking about? He acts like me now."

"Somewhat."

"What do ye think Jules? Think ye can act like me when ye get older so ye could help me with Paulie?"

Julian just smiled and looked up at John.

"There's me response. I guess that's a yes."

Cynthia had gone out to the kitchen so she could get herself and John a drink. When she came back, John was laying down, asleep, with Julian laying on top of his chest, sleeping as well. When it came to Julian, John was soft and he accidentally showed it to the others.

Cynthia had left the room and put the glasses down and went up to Paul's room. He was reading John's book when he heard a knock and shot his head up.

"Ey Cyn."

"Ey. There's something I want ye to see."

"Really? What is it?"

"I think ye should look for yerself."

Paul put the book on his bed and got up and followed Cynthia to her bedroom. She opened the door and Paul saw what Cynthia was talking about.

Paul leaned against the wall and crossed his arms with a smile. "Julian looks like Johnny sleeping like that."

"Yeh. Sometimes, he doesn't show his soft spot, but, as ye can see, he has one."

"Its a rare sight. So, how was he?"

"About the bet?"

"Yeh."

"He's going crazy. He thinks he's going to die without a smoke."

"I want to see him tomorrow, when its a full day instead of half a day. Its hard with him when its half a day. Just think of how it will be when its a full day."

"I know. Even I want to see that."

Paul walked away leaving Cynthia in the room with the sleeping beatle. Julian had woken up but stayed on John's chest as he slept.

Cynthia walked up to the side of the bed and tried to pick up Julian, but John just wrapped his arms around the boy.

"John?"

Nothing.

"John. Let go of Jules."

Nothing. She came to the conclusion that he was still asleep. She finally pried his arms off of Julian and took the young boy in her arms and put him to bed.