Chapter 55

Wallis was long gone. The sunlight was just barely shining through the window. Paul had been the first one up, and Cynthia was the next. She hadn't heard anything from that night.

Cynthia had noticed that John wasn't in bed so she thought he was already up. Once she rounded the bed, she saw him lying on the ground still out.

"John!' She knelt beside him and shook his shoulder. He hadn't budged. She left the room and went up to Paul.

"Paul, I need yer help."

"With what?"

"John."

"What about him? Is he refusing to get up or something?"

"I guess you could say that. If you want to say he slept on the floor last night."

"On the floor?"

"Yeh. Seriously."

"Okay. Lets see what he's doing there."

Paul got up from the table and walked in to the bedroom and John was still out. "John, get up." Paul kicked his shoulder.

John got startled and quickly sat up. "Paul?"

"Yeh. The question is, what were you doing on the floor?"

John put his hand to the back of his head. It hurt really bad. He didn't know why until he started thinking. He remembered what happened that night.

"Please tell me Julian is still here."

"Uh, no. Why?"

John struggled to stand and Paul grabbed a hold of his arm to stablize him. "We need to find him."

"Is there something yer not telling us?"

John looked over at Paul. "Wallis."

"Wallis? What about him? What'd he do?"

"I'll kill him."

"John, please fill us in."

"Last night, he came in. If Julian isn't in the house, Wallis got him. I swear, I'll kill him and make sure he's dead this time."

John got loose from Paul's grasp and took off to his car and drove away leaving Paul and Cynthia both confused and scared.

"What just happened? Did you catch any of that?"

"Wallis has Jules."

Cynthia slowly sat on the edge of the bed and looked up at Paul. "He went to get Julian back. Oh god." She just looked pretty shocked.

"He can't go after Wallis alone."

"Well, he did."

*****

John's Location

John had driven for a bit. He knew exactly where Wallis was going to be. And Wallis knew that John knew. John sped into a parking lot in the warehouse district that he first was taken to. He saw the building that had collapsed on top of him and his friends. Now, he had to find out which building Wallis was hanging out in.

Something caught his eye. It was the fact that Wallis was waiting for him, having a smoke outside. John pulled his car to a holt and jumped out of the car. He pretty much ran up to Wallis.

"What took you so long?"

"Where is he?"

"I don't know what your talking about."

John pushed him into the building and put his hand on Wallis's throat. "Now, your going to tell me where he is, or do you want to get me angry?"

"I think that'll be fun."