Chapter 25

Thirty minutes had passed since Paul tried looking for an opening. George and Ringo were trying to calm John who was trying not to think about where he was. Brian had gone looking for Paul to make sure he was okay. They had managed to find each other and searched for an opening together.

Paul came back to the others. "We got a way out."

John was the first to stand, but stumbled and Paul ran over to John and decided to help him out due to his leg. It took them a bit to get there and they each walked out of the opening, one at a time.

They each were blinded by the sunlight due to being in the dark for so long. Paul sat John down in the grass and once again, John lifted his pant leg to actually see the cut. It was bigger than he thought.

"Can we go home now? We got what he came here for."

"Ye make me sound like an object John."

"I thought ye were." He said smiling.

"I don't know what I'm going to do with ye Lennon."

"There ain't nothing much ye can do."

"Don't tempt me to hurt ye."

"I'm so scared."

"Lets go Lennon." Brian said forcing John to stand up.

"Is this yer idea of hurting me?"

"Maybe."

John threw his keys to Paul. "Ye drive pretty boy."

"Please don't call me that." Paul said circling the keys around his finger and capturing them in his hand.

"Too late."

"Well, where we going John?"

"How about to the police station to let them know that ametures found their friend, but went through hell to get him. Meanwhile, on the way there, ye could stop by the emergency room to get yerself looked at."

"Yer to speak John. Yer not much better than I am."

"So true, but the way ye look, how about ye hand the keys over to either George or Ringo. They both seem perfectly fine."

"Says ye John. Even though it looks like we're fine doesn't really mean we are. But, I can drive." Ringo said snatching the keys from Paul.

"Very well. So, what's the plan?"

"We make them think we died in the explosion."

They each got to the car and slowly got in. John realized it was getting dark out and he remembered the promise he made with Cynthia about being home before dark.

"Change of plans. We go to me house."

"Why?"

"I promised Cyn I would make it home before dark."

"I think she'll understand why yer not. Ye probably need stitches in that leg of yers."

John once again lifted his pant leg and he grabbed a spare T-Shirt he had in the back seat and just wrapped it around his leg and put pressure on it.

"Its fine Paul. I got it under control."

"Just because ye tie a shirt on it doesn't mean its okay. We all need to get checked out."

********

At the Hospital

They were each in a different exam room. George had a minor concussion, and 2 broken ribs. A bandage was put just above his right eye.