chapter 9

Farha pov:

I don't understand, what is happening. we stare at each other like there is no tomorrow. His eyes, I think I saw that from somewhere, I really like his eyes because I have never seen so much deep blue eyes with such intensity. I have never means never been close to any boys.

You can say oh please, how is that possible in this modern time! Even in a conservative country like Bangladesh, people are having affairs, doing love marriages, parents are accepting their relationships, some people are also having a loving relationship. Almost every boy and girl are having a relationship. so why are you left?

But What can I say, there are still leftovers like me who didn't have the luck to get into any relationship.

It's not that my parents are against it. Even my younger sisters are having a relationship but I never had the audacity to accept or confess to anyone's proposal. I am a very shy, nerd in this department.

I feel less comfortable around boys and they don't want to get into a relationship like my personality. I am not talkative, not so much confident.

I am 22 but a pure virgin in every sector. I also want to be in a relationship with a sweet lover whom I will marry, my parents will support the person.

Who will understand me and love me no matter what? In short like every girl I also want a happy ending with my fairytale story. But inside of me also knows that it does not happen in reality like that so I am kind of giving up on the romance and focusing on my work.

But what is happening right now how can I deny this or be stable when Lucas Manhattan is looking at me like I am the one in his eyes and there is no other!

Lucas pov//

I don't know why am I starting at her, why I having the urge to touch her. Inside of me wants to hold her forever.

Wait, just what have I thought? I can't believe in myself I just used the word forever. I mean seriously, nothing stays forever and girls like her with me, it's a big no-no.

Suddenly I jerk back and realized she's our driver's daughter, a low-class bitch. But what is she doing here? She should be staying with her father in a servant department.

Then I remember it's must be a dad. How can he leave her so-called friend and his daughter to be in a servant department? I am damn sure it's his plan. I realize she's looking at me with curiosity and I reply to her with disgusted eyes. She looked hurt but Jesus that doesn't my concern. She can go to hell.

Farha pov//

What is he thinking, I really want to ask but suddenly he looks at me with disgusted eyes and jerks back like I am some kind of contagious disease.

I don't understand how in a minute his eyes changed their emotions.

"Are you waiting for my proposal? Before that, first, go and look yourself in the mirror."

Huh? I understand he's telling me to go from here. I take my water bottle and went to my room without looking back. I heard him say " bloody middle class" it hurts me. It's our first encounter and he is behaving with me like this. I also going to work under him and I don't know what is waiting for me next.

At the morning
I was getting ready for my work suddenly Martha came to tell me that breakfast is ready. So I tell her that I am coming.
I came down and saw uncle mason and Abbu was already waiting for me. I greet them then I heard the husky voice of someone. I look behind and saw him he was talking with on the phone or can I say barking at someone.
He was looking dashing, looking like a model who just comes out from the magazine

(Lucas's office attire)

I had to stop my ogling at him because he just looked at me with no emotion and I looked back at him. He hugged his Dad. Uncle hugged him back with some mocking
Mason: look Zahid who has done the honor to come back. I thought you forgot that u have a father.

Lucas: oh dad please stop being so melodramatic. You should join those melodramatic serials. You can play the nagging mom character very well.

Mason: see Zahid, that's why I want a daughter who would listen to me, care for me like Farha who always listens to you. Not like an ungrateful son.

Lucas: dad, I love you and you know that very well. So you carry on with your acting I am going.

Mason: You are not going anywhere, you are going to eat with us and take Farha with you.

He just stops where he was and gave me " are you kidding me' look. He is looking at me with the same disgusted eyes with some fire as he's going to murder me.

Lucas: but dad, I have work and I don't mix personal with the profession. So the driver can take her.

Mason: no way I m not going to be in the office today, so you will take her. No. no more discussion and have breakfast.

He sat down and started eating. After that uncle mason introduces us

Mason: Lucas this is Zahid's eldest daughter Farha, who will complete her master's and do interning in our office under your supervision. Plus she's going to live with us. And Farha this is Lucas, my one and only son and your boss.

I greet him with a hello and he just said hmm. I understand he's just not that interested which he showed him with his next dialogue

Dad, I keep ur request now enough with this introduction, and can I go, I am getting late. And I don't like to be late at my own office. Also whoever wants to come to tell them to do the honor.

Mason: look now who's nagging. Ok, go with him Farha, I will see you at dinner.

I hugged Abbu and also uncle mason. After waving them goodbye I get into the car and sat beside him. The driver starts the engine. I know it's going to be a looooooooong ride and I don't what will happen to me in the office.

What do you guys think will happen? Is their ride going to be a peaceful one or Lucas will eat Farha. Also, how will she survive in the office?

Leave your comments, share your thoughts, follow, vote. Bye 😊