chapter 13

Lucas pov//

I felt like just thunder came over me. I think I heard wrong. So asked him again

Dad, I think u said that I have to get married and the girl is Farha. Hahahaha, dad please don't scare me like that.

Dad: Do you think I am in the mood for a joke! You heard it right. I chose her for your better future

Me: Dad are you out of your mind? How could u? Do u think I will marry that driver's daughter? she's no match for me.

 Just look at her, she is so average for my taste. Even my one-night stands have better standards than her!

 She's not capable to stand beside me and become Mrs. Manhattan, please dad understand what I am saying!

Dad: Mind your tongue, Lucas!

 How dare you raise your tones in front of me! Have you forgot that I am still the owner of this Empire and the girl that you are saying that she' average than your so-called bitches, then let me tell you, you have no idea what she's capable of!

Me: oh please as if I don't know her capability!

 Always walk with that fake innocent face, I don't know how you fall on that father-daughter trap! Dad please I am your son, don't do this to me.

You can't just decide my future and force me to marry that middle-class girl. If I want to marry someone whenever the time will come I will marry someone the person I like, or someone who will be perfect for me and this empire.

Dad: I know son and trust me, she is the right one for you. You know, in our house there was always so much loneliness because there was no touch of a woman.

 A house is called 'home' when a woman decorates it in her own way. Who knows how to handle her home and loved ones even how much her loving people are hard to handle. She knows the best and that's how your mother was!

When Farha came to our house she became a daughter of this house instantly. Her care, her bubbliness, her innocence, even though I am not her real father she never considered me less than her Abbu. Her steps made this mansion "Home."

Before her arrival, it was just me, you and Martha, and sometimes Zahid. But when she came into our life, she brought so much laughter, love, and happiness with her.

 She is a gem Lucas, please consider my words. If you ever love or respect me, then you will respect my decision too.

Me: Does Farha know about this?

Dad: no, I have discussed with you first, she has no idea. Please have some thought about this. 

I want a better life for you, I want that happiness for you that I felt when I was married to your mother, I want you to feel inner peace when your partner will rest her head on your chest. The feeling of completeness u will found in Farha if u let her in.

Lucas: and if I refuse?

Dad: huh(smirk) then I have to show you the real Mason Manhattan who ruled the whole Manhattan Empire for 30 years and a ruthless businessman which you will not like it son.

And listen to me carefully, I am not threatening you, I  just don't want you to do the mistake of your life because of your so-called rage, and as a father, I will do the right thing whatever it takes.

Lucas: ok I will think about it.

Present//
I was thinking about the incident at that time the door of my room got open and I saw my best friend Adam is standing there

Adam: Dude, good to see u back. How the hell have u been, ooh sorry what type of question that I have asked? You are the devil Lucas, who knows how to have a blast in his life. If I hadn't gone to Italy then I would have spent our bro time with you.

Lucas: ya(sarcasm) you are right. I am indeed having a blast, with a  bomb that my father threw at me.

What bomb?  But your dad is indeed another thing who's always ready with a bomb man. You can't predict who's going to be the victim. Last time I became the victim because of you and as a punishment, I had to go to Italy to handle the Italian client.

Lucas: The new victim is me and the bomb is that bloody middle class, what's the name of that girl, uh Farah or Farha something.

Adam: whoa, who how, what? Tell me in detail.

Lucas: my dad gave me an ultimatum to marry that driver's daughter. I mean did you see her? So average, have no idea about my lifestyle. When she stands beside me she looks like a maid, man.

 Why dad thinks that she is the best for my life. I mean, I don't know, I just don't know. I can't even do anything, ugh."

 I saw a chair and threw that on the wall. I just have to do something but I don't know what.

 "Relax, just relax dude. I understand what are you trying to say but are you sure that your judgment about that girl is right? I mean at least listen to your father once!"

I just look at him with raging eyes, " Adam what the hell are you trying to say that I should accept that manipulative so-called low-class girl. I don't what magic she and her father did to dad. Just within 3months dad tells me that without her our mansion does not feel like home, like are you kidding me?

Adam: just like you predict her character without knowing her I mean no offense but I think you should just try it for ur dad. You know that you have no choice, if Mason wants something he sure gets it. After all, he's your father, so don't do anything that you are going to regret afterward.

Me: so what are you suggesting to me, that I should marry that middle-class Bangladeshi girl? So that she could enjoy all of my property and ruin my life?

Adam: I m just saying that you should do the thing which will give happiness to ur father, why are you playing the villain role, it's your family, so why will you let the other person ruin a father-son relationship?

Me: So what are you implying?

Adam: I am saying that go with the flow man. Just agree with your father's plan, if someone else can play then u should show that person she's playing with the devil. And playing with the devil means calling for Hell.

Me: (smirk) thanks dude, You just gave me the idea that what I should do. Be ready to play Farha because it will be so fun to see you suffer my new playtoy.

Adam came with champagne and glasses.

Adam: cheers man

Me: Cheers to the new destruction oops beginning for Farha's future.

So I think you understand people that why Adam is Lucas's best friend. Both of them are a**hole.

Leave ur comments, follow, share, and vote for my book. bye😍😘