chapter 23

Farha pov:

After our conversation, I went to have breakfast, but I didn't saw Lucas.

The air was so serious around us.

Uncle and Abbu were in a serious mood. They were like if I am sure about the engagement or not.

I should have informed them yesterday when he proposed to me.

uncle: dear, tell me honestly, did he pressured u? I mean I know u r sensible enough to make the right decision, still I want to know.

Are u sure about this relationship? If u r saying yes, then there will be no one happy more than me. You will be the best partner for my son, but that doesn't mean you have to this for my sake.

If u really love him, or if u really think that he is worth for ur love, for ur life, then u should go on otherwise don't.

Look, Farha, u r like a daughter to me, and because of my own son's happiness, I can't ruin yours.

me: uncle, abbu plz have some faith in him, in us, in our relationship. I know u have always seen his rude side, or how he always presents himself before us.

But, I have seen, that he can do anything whom he cares about and he loves me, I know it.

And uncle, I am sorry. I know I shouldn't say it, but u shouldn't have slapped him. You know your son, you know his anger, how he was holding himself.

He loves u uncle, he can't handle it, seeing that u r ashamed of him.

Plz uncle talk to him, at least hug him.

uncle: I know, even Zahid was also telling me the same thing. U know Farha, in my whole life I never had raised a hand on him.

After my angel, he became my life, my one, and only son. I know he is carefree, money-minded, casanova types but since the day u came into our lives, everything has changed.

And like my son u became my precious one, and I know the loss of my daughter very much, it's unbearable

I didn't understand what he was talking about, then he looked at abbu like they are remembering something sad

abbu: he means to say, I always told him the importance of daughter.

Mason, have some faith in Farha. I know my baccha, she cannot take a wrong decision. She always brings out the good from bad, and in the future, if she sticks with him I am sure their relationship will shine like a star.

And yes, talk to Lucas and apologize to him. You shouldn't have done that in front of us. It must be so humiliating for him. You will apologize to him right now, by the way, where is he?

uncle: I dont know he left for office without saying anything, when he will come I will definitely apologize, ok?

when I reached the office, I just wished that if I can have one glimpse of him. How is he doing?

But I didn't see him. I became busy with my work so that I can divert my mind from his thought.

I was also feeling tired, so I thought, have some coffee would be good.

When I went to have some coffee, then someone says that the boss's secretary was calling me.

She is a good person, kind of became my friend. Her office was beside Lucas's room.