chapter 15

4 weeks later:

Farha pov:

It's been two weeks since me and my boss I mean Lucas, yes, nowadays I call him by his name. But not in the office not because he forbade me actually it was me who didn't agree. I don't want to give others another reason to spread rumors about me and Lucas.

Plus I am just an intern, so it will be not fair to call my boss by his name, so I call him sir and in return playfully he calls me mam when we are alone.

You must be thinking about what was my decision, guess what I said yes to him. At first, I didn't want to accept because of his wonderful image( sarcasm) but when I thought he is doing this for my uncle that's why I agreed.

So far he is doing good. After work we go home together, the ride also became cheerful. We talk about how we spent our days, at first he wasn't comfortable, but slowly he starts opening up to me.

He even asked me to spend some time with him because tomorrow is Sunday, he wants to show me London properly. Because of workload and study, I didn't have the time to explore, so I said why not.

After reaching home all of us have our dinner and talk about silly things. even Lucas makes jokes and uncle also seems happy.

We were sitting on the couch in the living room, then uncle spoke

uncle: thank you so much Farha to give my son some brain.

me: uncle, I didn't do anything, it was he did. He made effort and I am so happy for both of you.

I pray that everything remains like this because I am here for few months, then I am going back to my country.

Abbu: ya, after few months she will go back, and my family also misses her. You know Mason, my wife Neha is so upset with me she didn't even talk to me, only talk to her daughter.

me: haha, it's funny. She's upset that we don't talk to her often, always nagging me like

(in the call)

Ammu: you are so bad. I accept that your Abbu has to be there for his work and his friendship with mason but what about us, he even took my daughter with him. My daughter also doesn't call me often. She became distant because of him. Listen, if you both stay like this then don't try to call me from now on, stay there forever.

me: Ammu please don't say like this. You know na that I love u, I will call you often, I promise, and don't be upset with him."

Ammu: ok let's see, he has to earn it.

me: ai ai captain, haha.

see Abbu you have to earn it.

Abbu: ya ya whatever but Mason it's true one day she has to go from here. And then, sometime later I have to think about her marriage. My wife is searching for some eligible boy and suitable family in our country, who will treat my back like the way we treat her.

Lucas and uncle mason was silent all this time, then uncle speaks at the moment

uncle: Jahid, is she ok with this, I mean if you dont find that kind of person, what will you do then?

abbu: Mason, it's up to Allah. I know for sure Allah has something great for my daughter. My daughter came like a ray of sunshine into our life. You know, at first, me and Neha couldn't conceive. But after so many complications, some years later she came into our life that's why we are so protective of her.