chapter 34

Farha pov//

After getting ready I went downstairs and I saw many were invited to this party, everyone was looking elegant, I think they all came from rich families. Women were in beautiful gowns and men in suits. The wine glass was in their hands, some were laughing, some were dancing with their partner.

 Then I saw a man who was surrounded by some women and guess what, it was him.

 Girls were like touching him whenever they get the chance. When his eyes finally land on me he left all those girls and stood infront of everyone.

"Hey DJ turn off the music, I have something to announce and for that, I am asking for your attention.

ok, people listen up. You must be thinking about what might be the reason for this party! 

wellllll...this party is about achieving something, something that I have waited for long 6 months. I had to give my freedom, my lifestyle, had to tolerate those which were not my cup of tea.

 But guys, everyone knows that Lucas Manhattan never learn to lose and this time I proved it again. After 6 whole months, I finally get my freedom back, and guess what no one can stop me now, no one means no one. 

Then he looks at me but with a hatred look "don't you want to know about my achievement? soooooo... today I have become the sole owner of the Manhattan empire, isn't that fantastic news! "

what, what is he saying? how is it even possible!

 Everyone gasped and stared at him with shocked eyes."ya ya I know it's too shocking, dad didn't even give an official statement but I have found a way in which way dad cannot the fact and has lost his right to say about anything. Then he gave me a smirk and take my hand in front of everyone "you know all thanks to this girl because I have achieved the power way before the actual time. You must be thinking who this girl might be.' don't tell me it's your girlfriend Lucas one girl asked him who was wearing a see-through gown, how can a woman dress like this infront of everyone, he looked at him as if she is going to jump at him in any time

uuhhhm, nahhh, did you even look at her! she is not even worth to be my maid, even my help is better looking than her and you know my taste babe, don't you? he got close to her and run his finger through her thigh, the girl blushed and hang her hands onto his neck "I know it better, you dont have to tell me twice" she was about to kiss him, then he stops her "hold on babe, not now let me celebrate it first, then you know we will do our own celebration, you know what I mean" he left her and come close to me again "ok, let's back to the point, she is not my girlfriend, not my mistress, she is actually more than that, actually she is my wife."

I can't imagine what just happened! did he just declared me as his wife? Is he finally admitting our relationship in front of everyone! I thought there was still some hope are left but the next he said it totally broke me

"oops sorry my wife of six months, today I am going to be a bachelor again, though there was no difference after marriage. I was still living a single life, having blast with chicks, partying. This marriage was just a show for my dad and to show some fool people that I am changing, I mean can you believe it Lucas Manhattan changing his way because of some fool, how rubbish"

Everyone starts laughing at me and me...I was staring at him, standing in the place like a statue, I just lost my words, even my tears refused to form, I stood there and do nothing.

 I wanted to do something but...but I didn't know what to say! But I knew, I had to ask him, he has to give me some answers.

 So after gathering some courage I dare to ask him "what did you just say, 6 months! what 6 months? you are ...you are lying right, you are doing this to hurt me more right, tell me, tell me to damn it!'