chapter 10

Farha pov//

Have you heard about the idiom "silence before the storm"? The same situation is now happening to me. The whole ride was in silence except for the sound of the engine. No one was talking. If I talk about my boss then let me tell u he was sitting faaaaaaar away from me. He was busy with his phone. He was not even looking at me at all. Like I do not exist!

Suddenly the car stopped. I see that we are not even reached the office so why did the driver stop here. Then my confusion got clear when The Lucas Manhattan speaks.

Lucas: get down

Me: what? But we are not even...

Lucas: don't you understand English? Don't tell me that you're dreaming off to go with me hand in hand.

Me: but uncle Mason said...

Lucas: you middle-class girl, have you forgot that I am your boss and you are going to working under me, not your "uncle Mason"?

He didn't even let me speak. Why he really hate me? Just because I am his driver's daughter?

Lucas: what the hell are you waiting for? I said " Get out"

I was shocked and starts shivering. No one ever has raised their voice at me and also without any reason. I don't even know the places very well. How will I go?

Me: bu..t s..it, I do..n't e..ven know...w the pla...ces that well. How will...will I go? ( I was starting stuttering)

Lucas: don't give that bu**shit "how will I go" and all that, Like hell, I even care! I brought you up with me and let you sit me in my car because of dad. I just didn't want to upset him.

It was your luck that you get to sit with me. Did you even see this type of car in your whole life? How can you think of traveling with me and even dare to sit beside me?

I only allow those girls who deserve to stay beside me but with you, I felt like I will vomit at any time. So stop wasting my time or 'Frank' throw her away.

I quickly ran away from the car. His car left me and I was also going to be late and it's my second day. My poor eyes were already in tears. How will I go on time? Then I saw an empty cab. So I stop the cab and told him my destination. It was the first time when I was traveling alone in any foreign country.

After giving the money to the driver I ran like crazy. I was getting late and being a mere intern I wasn't allowed to be late. Somehow I catch the lift and went to my department. I see I was 10min late.

Nia: whoa girl, what happened to you? Did you participate in a marathon?

I was startled by her sudden appearance.

Me: oh Allah. Nia it's you? Amito voy e peye giechilam.

Nia: what? What does that mean?😐😕

Me: oh ( slap my forehead mentally) it means I get scared.

Nia: ok. Now tell me why are you sweating like this and let me tell you, babe, you are lucky.

Me: why, what happened?

Nia: our new boss asked all the employees to be present in the hall room. He wanted to do that when he came to the office but suddenly he had to go to the meeting or can say video conference came in and the meeting with the employees postpone after lunch.