chapter 17

Farha pov:

It's been a month since our exploring London and friendly conversation and since then everything is going so well between us.

I have never even imagined that I would ever receive so much love in a foreign country. Father figures like uncle mason, friends like Liam, Nia, and Cathy because of them I do not even miss my friends from Bangladesh that much the way I used to when I first came here. In short, they filled the incompleteness and the loneliness which I felt before.

If I talk about me and Lucas, I dont know I like to spend time with him, apart from uncle and abbu no one knows about our friendship.

We both don't want to reveal our friendship because people will blame me that I tried to seduce him and taking advantage of him just to be in that office.

One thing I can't tolerate in my life is that if anyone blames me for the thing which I didn't do, this type of thing kills me.

But, one thing I am noticing nowadays that whenever abbu sees me and Lucas he always had a frown on his forehead. I really wanted to ask if something bothering him. On the other hand uncle mason's face said the other thing. He has a grin on his face whenever he saw us laughing or talking. So, I decide to talk to him if anything happened.

After dinner, I went to his room and I saw he was staring at the ceiling like he was into deep thinking.

when I knock at the door Abbu startled

abbu: oh baccha it's you.

me: ya abbu, are you busy?

abbu: baccha I can never be busy for you, do you want to talk about something?

me: abbu are u facing any sort of problem?

abbu: what? no, who said to you?

me: no one told me, but am your baccha abbu so you should know I can predict by your expression if you hide something from me like u find out whenever I face any difficulties. So, tell me, what's bothering you?

abbu: uhhhm, baccha can I ask you something?

me: about what abbu?

abbu: what do you think about Lucas?

me: huh? (why abbu asking about him)

abbu: how do you find him like I want to know your opinion, how do you see him, your perspective about him.

me: well, though my first impression about him was he is rude, arrogant, always insults people who are financially below him, he didn't even like us, cursed at me, called me bad names. So, If you had asked me about him back then my decision would be like he is that kind of person whom I want to stay away from.

But, if you ask me about him now, so my decision will be like he is a good person, he just needs someone who will guide him to walk on the right path.

In these months he showed me that he can change for the person he loves, he can change his way of thinking for his dad, can be a good friend, not the best one but if he wants he can try his best. You remember abbu, you once told me that he can be arrogant but not bad at heart and he is proving himself for that. I am glad.

abbu: ok. I am also glad that he is trying and you are right he indeed needs someone who will guide him to walk in the light, will tell him what is more important in life than money. Now my question is who will be the guide? will you be the guide baccha?

me: what?!!!!!!! I stood up from the bed. Abbu's word caught me off guard.

abbu: you know baccha, a month ago when I was talking about your going back to Bangladesh and your marriage! Later at night, Mason asked me if I can give your hands to Lucas for marriage!

me: abbu what are talking about? we all know that Lucas and I are only on good terms, we are just friends. And of all that, his family is so much different from us. I know uncle treat us not different, he treats me like his own daughter, did all the things which made me happy, but still, marriage is like a forever thing and we all know that Lucas's choice about women, they are either beautiful model or actresses or from a rich family.

On the other hand, I am so simple, I definitely do not look like them.

It's not that I am not proud of myself but our thinking, our way of life, our religion, our religious beliefs, our living everything means everything is different.

abbu: I know, even I told mason the exact thing but he's the strong head person and he will not listen to anything. So I asked him to give us some time, that I will discuss with you and your ammu and sisters.

me: Even uncle asks you about this marriage but I think Lucas will never get agree with this.

For example, we can be friends with many people but not all friends can become the life partners of that person's life and our situation is just like this. I can be his friend but will he make me his life partner, his better half.

I know every girl wants to be Mrs manhattan, because being with him, is like a dream and I live in reality. Plus if he gets to know about this, that uncle talked about our marriage, our friendship will also destroy. So I want to remain the thing same whatever we have for now.

abbu: Farha, don't talk like this if he is full with money then. Let me tell you baccha you are filled with love, the thing he badly needs in his life, and it's actually your uncle Mason said.

You know, he also says that you remind him of Mrs. Emily manhattan, his wife who changed him for good and he needs you to be the same in Lucas's life.

Even I m also seeing the change in Lucas and frankly speaking, you are changing him, he is more laughing nowadays, giving more time to his father and he didn't even see another woman which is truly shocking because I know him for 20 years. I literally saw him growing and I never saw him like this.

If you both agreed to get married it will be. the happiest day in both my and mason's life, we friends will become relative, I have faith in them that they will never do anything that will make you sad, so I want u to think about it if you say no then I will definitely refuse him because there is no other thing is important for me than your life and happiness.

I m a loss for words, don't know what to say, yes I like him but never thought about being married to him, it feels weird, because if I agree to get married to him then a major change will come into my life which I have doubt that if I can handle that major change.

So I said the thing which came into my mind

me: does Lucas know...?

abbu: I think he knows, I asked mason the same question and he said he talked to Lucas and he says that Lucas is ready for the marriage.

me: what? he knew all that time and didn't bother to talk with me? I dont know abbu it's a big decision to take and for that, I have to know his honest opinion about me, about us. so for that, I would like to talk with him.

soooooo guys, Farha still doubt Lucas, will their talking can change her opinion about him? what will Lucas say?

stay tuned, leave ur thoughts on the comment box, follow, share and vote. byeeeeeeee😊😍