5

Kartik Aaryan pov:

"Kartik, you are expected to start shooting for love aaj kal 2 from March 2." my manager said.

"That's nice, even though I don't get any free time I am happy Imtiaz sir schedule it after my movie was released." I couldn't be more happy Lukka Chuppi is releasing in two days.

As my manager exited from the room I took my phone to make a call. once my call was attended , i said "Hello, what are you doing ??"

"Hmm hmm hmm, hello" I heard a sleepy voice, it was 4 in the evening who will be sleeping at this time .

"Hello it's me Kartik, kartik Aaryan." I informed once I didn't get any reply from the person.

"Hey, just wait a second " I heard the person rushing to somewhere and then I heard the sound of the water.

"Hey, tell me now what's with the sudden phone call ??"

"Should there be any reason to call my princess ??" I questioned her back once it was very evident in her voice that she washed her face to get rid of her sleepiness.

"————————" as predicted she was blushing without answering my questions. "No Kartik you don't need to have any reason to call me, but tell me what's the matter." She spoke after taking her sweet time to blush.

"Did you get the call sheet for love aaj kal 2 ??"

"I have no idea, I just reached Mumbai one hour back and taking rest."

"Did I disturb you ?? "

"Not at all" she replied with a yawn.

"I know that you are a cheater, tell me the truth you are awake only because I said my name." I don't know why but pulling her leg like this is so much fun.

"It's not what you think, I would have spoken eventually like may be when they were really pissed that I answered their call and not speaking."

"Achaa, anyways our call sheet is on March 2 . I just wanted to share it with you first." I informed the main reason why I called her in the first place.

"Wow, that's nice. I am looking forward to that day."

I took few minutes to say something like me too but failed and after a long struggle I asked " And guess where were are shooting??"

"———————————-" pure silence was the answer I got from her .

"Hello princess , you there?? "

"Sorry Kartik I drifted, i haven't slept in the last 24 hours. Give me a minute I will wash my face again and let's chat." See this is Sara Ali Khan ,always caring about others than herself.

"Sara, listen anyways my manager said someone has came to meet me. So I will call you later till that time you sleep well." I lied so that she gets some rest.

"Don't lie"

I went out of my room so that she can hear the noise. " see I am actually with my manager and not in my home so I will call you when I go home."

"Sure. Good night " she said and ended the call before I did.

I decided not to call her so that she can sleep well. I was so busy as the last two days before the movie release was hectic that I forgot to call or check any messages from Sara.

Finally it was the day, THE DAY for new journey and working with Imtiaz Ali is like a dream come true. As usual I was not too late still late for my airport. There was staff waiting for me.

"Did Sara arrive ??" I asked her.

"Yes, sir. She is waiting with the others." Came her reply.

"Okay cool let's hurry then." I know paparazzi were taking pictures and videos but I have to hurry as I said I am late.

There I saw her standing with others in a cream salwar without makeup. As expected I could see her carrying her phone and earphones.

"Kartik.... congrats. I enjoyed watching Lukka chuppi and trust me I am not giving my fan girl opinion." She said enthusiastically as I approached her.

"I believe you , princess." I said hugging her.

"Shall we go, it's time." The staff said.

As we were in the plane I felt guilty by not calling or messaging Sara, so I checked my whatsapp for her messages.

Sara: Hello, busy hero. You didn't disturb me yesterday so feel free to call anytime.

Sara: I saw the movie. It's amazing Kartik. The boy next role suits you, you were very natural throughout the movie. Convey my congratulations to the whole team.

Sara: wow I can't believe we are shooting in Delhi. Is it for real.... whooooo we are in a Imtiaz Ali movie. Looking forward to work with you.

And she also sent the screenshot of her brothers view after seeing my movie. After reading all these I was smiling like a mad person.

This is the problem with Sara, it's hard for me to understand her. Sometimes she is more like a fan girl, others time like my best friend. Even though it's hard to guess I love spending time with me. All her messages make me smile.

A story by Sanjana Suresh