80

Kartik pov :

"I will go first." Sara said kissing my forehead and was touching my nose with her nose. She was just staying there and not allowing me to kiss her forehead.

When I was about to change the position so that I can kiss her "Sara ji... cake is ready." The chef came and called her.

' What a nice timing ' I blurted out slowly as the moment was spoiled.

"Okay we are coming." She said getting up.

"Sara..." I said pulling her down and she was only focused on getting up so she fell on me.

"Oh no Sara." I said feeling guilty that I hurt her by pulling her down forcefully.

"Haha... Kartik.... what will I do with out you ??" She said pinching my cheeks. "You silly I fell on you so I am fine , can I expect you are also fine ??" She asked me.

"Yes , I am . It's just she disturbed us." I complained like a baby.

"Yes I know we would lose track of time that's why I ordered them to inform us at 11:45 now come on let's get the cake and join our family." She said getting up and pulling me up.

"Okay madam." I said going back of her like a lost puppy.

Sara ordered a wonderful and beautiful chocolate truffle cake.

"Looks yummy and why so much ....." I asked her.

"No compromise in new year cake." She said taking it to the area where our family was.

As she walked all the lights were offed. So only candles and lanterns were on . Even fairy lights were offed by the workers there.

"Happy new year guys." Sara said keeping the cake in the middle of the room.

"Sara..." my mom voice was heard and everyone joined us.

We had a problem in who can cut the cake, Sara even said both family can cut in each side but no one was ready to listen.

"We are all here because of you guys, so you both cut the cake together and may this year bring you all success for your movie love aaj kal and for future projects." Ibrahim being the wise man solved the problem.

"To love aaj kal..." I said accepting his request.

"Love aaj kal ." Sara joined me in cutting the cake together.

"No compromise in the cake so all are having a big piece." Sara ordered.

We all sat down in a big round table.

"So ma tell me how is Ibrahim and amrita."I asked my mom.

"Kartik what is this new habit of calling your elders with their name." My dad asked like I am small child.

"Pa, you know Kartik he never does that. It's mom who was adamant that he calls her Amrita. Trust me mom only allows if she likes someone to call her by name and her pet name. I guess mom would have told Kartik to call by her pet name but Kartik struggles a lot in calling Amrita. So yeah it's fine." Sara said even though I could Handel myself.

"Achhaaaa...." my dad said.

"Mom, you tell me." I changed the topic.

"Yes as Sara said, I could see Amrita ji likes you a lot. I thought I can know more about Sara but she was keep on telling how Kartik is this and Kartik is that...for a moment I felt that is this boy Kartik is my son. I am so proud of you Beta." 'My mom said.

"Ma....." I said getting up and going to her place to hug her.

"Amrita you tell me how is my family ??" I said once I have hugged my mom enough.

"Same here Kartik, What to tell.... I thought of knowing you more but they both were telling how Sara is cooking and behaving so normal and not a bit of I am nawab ka Beti or I come from a film background nothing. I am also so happy that the fact whether it's your parents or me like you and Sara so much ." Amrita mam was speaking.

"It's all because both of guys , irrespective from backgrounds and places as a human beings you guys did a great job in raising us the way we are and we just really reflect that. So if you treat me as your own child Mala MA then you automatically like my mom and ibbu because I am like this because of them." Sara added.

"Oh nooo.... I thought both of them will be fighting but everything is happening in the wrong way. Dad you are right. Something is wrong with our family. We are so caring all the time. " I said with a sad face as there was no drama.

"Do you want us to fight with each other ??" Amrita mam spoke like she did in 2 states.

"No no Amrita please don't enter into 2 states mode. I take back I was just kidding." I said.

"Amrita ji , if Kartik does something irritating I will call you as he is scared of you." My mom joked.

"Ibrahim and I had a blast, he is so sweet and Sara he said all the pranks I would also loved to involved in that." My sister spoke.

"Nobody asked you kiki." I said making her angry.

"Shall we go on a long trip or somewhere it's new year night." Ibrahim said.

"We will wait here Kartik and Sara." Both our families said.

"Okay if you are feeling tired or it's late you guys are going home." I ordered them and we four left in a car.

"I will drive the car, as I rarely get to do that in Mumbai. Which is very very rare." Ibrahim asked me.

"Yes bhai don't need driver, let's enjoy and I am taking the front seat." Kiki said getting into the front seat.

"Okay Ibrahim you can but if I feel you are not driving slowly I will ask Kartik to drive." Sara said.

"Yes Ibrahim ." I added as I have never seen him drive .

"Shall we get inside." Ibrahim said getting the key from the driver.

That's how we all took for a long drive with scarf and kerchiefs and other possible things to hide our faces.