38

Sara pov:

As dinner cruise was only for a short time Kartik took us to the night market.

"Sara, don't shop for ma and kiki. They still haven't used all the things we got from Himachal." Kartik said.

"They didn't not like it ?? ."

"No they actually loved it."

"Are you sure ??"

"Yes."

"Then I am buying, end of discussion." I said focusing on shopping.

After making sure I got all the amazing things in the night market we decided to call it a night.

"I am tired Sara, so I am going to take rest. You guys carry on." My mom said to me and Kartik.

"Good night Amrita Mam."

"It's just Amrita." Mom said raising her eyebrows.

"Wow mom this is not just fair."

"What happened??" Kartik asked in confusion.

"She only insists the people whom she like to call her by name." I told the truth.

"Wow I didn't know this. I am flattered." Kartik said going for a hug and stopped not knowing whether my mom will accept his gesture.

"No worries beta. You guys have fun. I am leaving now." She said leaving us alone.

"Don't sleep till 12." Kartik said.

"I am not planning to . So shall we go to your room ??"

"No way, let's go to your room."

"It's not that good."

"Come on Sara, it's a hotel it will be cleaned. Come on." He said pulling me to my room.

We were speaking about random things.

"Sara just lie down." Kartik said when he saw me controlling my sleep.

"I don't want to sleep." I pouted.

He pulled me to his side and patted his lap to lay down.

"Sara I have slept so many times so come on , for a change this time you sleep."

"Okay I said laying on his lap."

I had no idea when I slept.

"Sara...Sara....Sara...wake up." I heard a voice but decided to ignore it and sleep.

"Princess, it's me Kartik. Wake up." I heard Kartik telling me his name so that I would wake up.

And that's exactly what happened. I woke up as soon as I heard his voice.

He pulled me towards the bathroom and pointed out the skin to wash my face before I could ask what time it was.

"You know Sara, your mom and Ibrahim are so thankful to me because they can use my name to wake you up in a second instead of trying million ideas to wake you up." He was laughing.

"Not so funny Kartik."

I opened my phone to check the time, it was 11:55.

I could see Kartik coming close to me with his hand folded back.

"Happy birthday to my princess. Be the way you are and don't ever change." He spoke by holding my face in his hands.

"Thanks for being here my teddy bear." I said going for a tight teddy hug.

"Come on let's go to my room." He said pulling me with him.

When we entered the room I could see it was full of balloons and fairy lights, making the room so romantic and beautiful.

I could see Varun, my best friend and my mom.

"Happy birthday Sara." They wished and took turn to hug me.

The waiter entered the room with chocolate bomb.

"Kartik who orders chocolate bomb for birthdays." I asked knowing it would be kartik's idea.

"Come on yaar, it's a hotel and we are only 5 people and no one is in the mood to eat a cake. So instead of pouting pour the hot chocolate and make the ball to blast." He said handing over the hot chocolate to me like a knife.

I poured the hot chocolate on the top of the ball and made it  blast.

"It's so difficult yaar." I said carefully taking a brownie piece and decided to give to Kartik.

"It's too hot, be carful." I said feeding him.

'No first piece for you mom ?? ' My inner voice was asking me.

'No, it's just Kartik was near me.' I replied.

'You can lie to anyone but not me.' I could hear it say.

I went to my friend to stop my inner voice speaking with me.

"Come on come on let's watch a video." Varun said.

Only then I noticed there was a projector set up in the room. When did Kartik had all the time to pull something like this.

"Sara what happen??" Kartik asked when I didn't not so reaction.

"Ibrahim didn't call me."

"Who said I didn't call you Sara, I am here." I heard his voice as soon I said .

"Hey sis, I know Kartik had planned a surprise that's why I decided to watch the surprise first and then talk to you." I got the phone from the person who was showing Ibrahim everything in face time.

"Are you mad?? You know without your wish my birthday will not start." I said.

"Sorry Sara, even I was excited to see what Kartik was planned and for the gift, my gift is with Kartik. So let me know after seeing that."

"Sure ibbu, missing you so much. Thanks for being the best brother in the world."

"Thanks for being the best sister to me." Ibbu said.

"Can I also join ??" I heard Kartik disturbing our brother sister moment.

"No I said turning to him."

"Of course Kartik you can join us."

"Ibbu this is not fair."

"It's all fair Sara."

"Come on Sara, let's complete the video and Varun and your friend can go to sleep soon." Kartik said.

"Yes, Kartik is correct. Even I have played a major role in the video. So do watch I will in the face time the whole time so don't worry." Ibbu said making me to hand the phone back.

The video had all my small age pics and videos till i entered the movie industry. I guess Ibrahim must have give this.

Then love aaj kal days videos.

"Kartik when did you record this and how you got this videos ?? " I asked wondering as I didn't remember anyone taking any such videos of me.

"I am sorry Sara but we had to do this." The slide read.

As soon I saw what came next I just took the pillow in the lap and buried my face very deep into it.

It was none other than my acting videos.

How could they do this to me.