One Step Closer

🌸SONG OF THE CHAPTER - HOPE YOU DO BY CHRIS BROWN🌸

~Camilla~

Some weeks have went by, I'm getting use to being on my own again. Working on new music and giving myself some self love. I have been deciding on telling the world about my problems that I over came. The press, industry and my fans do need to know what happened because this was very personal but everyone goes through something. I've been battling with myself for years. This is the last step before I really let go of everything. I'll be seeing Mary today so that's why I'm thinking I should post something. After I see Mary today, I'm heading out to New York to see Rami. He's working on this new project, a podcast. I miss him a lot but I'll be seeing him in a few hours. We talk everyday either on the phone or texting. As the days goes by, I fall for him more and more. I see a future with him as crazy as that might sound but I do. My father would have like him a lot.

"Everything looks the same..." I drove pass the home I use to live in. I parked my car a few houses down before getting out. Shockingly I'm not that nervous because I gave myself a pep talk before heading over here.

The front entrance is block off with a sealed clear thick door. I saw a few dried up flowers and writing on the walls as I walk by. The side entrance should be good. I went over to the block door and rang the bell. I hope she is actually here. From what I know she still lives here.

A few minutes went by until a voice behind the door spoke. "I'm not expected any visitors...please leave the perimeter." That's her for sure. I rolled my eyes slightly.

"Mary, it's me. Camilla." I told her through the door. Instantly I heard the door being unlocked quickly. The door open showing an older woman who happens to be Mary Austin. My godmother, as my father named her to be. Her face drops and she covers her mouth. "Hello Mary.." I smiled shyly.

"I-I...it's really you.." She finally says as I nodded. Her arms open for me and I happily went into the hug. "I thought I would never see you again until it was on the Telly...Camilla...my god." Mary gasps while we hug. My eyes watered but I don't want to get too emotional. We have a lot to talk about. I pulled away and we went into the house.

"I needed to see you Mary. A lot of things have been happening and I need to get a lot off my chest." I told her honestly. Walking through the house felt like I was a kid again. Everything is just the same. The smell is too. "Nothing changed in here.."

"No I couldn't change it...it would have felt like he's gone completely. He's always with us, dear." She whispers. "You want any? Tea or a biscuit?"

"Oh no I'm fine actually. I ate a big breakfast this morning." I said as we sat in the living room. Some many pictures of him hanged high. Pictures of him, him and me, him and the band and with friends. I miss my father so much it hurts. Truly gone too soon.

"I can't believe you are here, Milla. We didn't leave off on a good note after you left. I'm sorry for acting that way towards you...we were all going through it." She says.

I shook my head. "No we didn't leave off on a good note. You are like my second mother, we were close when we were young. After dad died, you pushed all of us away. Especially me and Jim. He loved dad too and you knew that." That was my problem. The way she treated Jim like he was trash. She didn't waste time to kick him out the house.