Cause I'm Dreaming...

🌸SONG OF THE CHAPTER - DREAMING OF YOU BY SELENA🌸

Third Person Point Of View
Year: 1990

  Camilla Jade is now ten years old, growing more and more each day. She is doing well in school, taking part in plays and choirs. When Camilla home she is the only girl in the house but can be a tomboy at times. She likes playing football (soccer) and getting in a mess. Though she doesn't know about her father's illness, she knows something is wrong with him. Every single day he's growing weaker but she's just a ten year old. Everyone thinks she doesn't understand what's happening or thinks she won't handle the truth.

"I'm home!" The young girl yells as she enters the Garden Lodge home with Phoebe behind her. She swings her yellow daisy backpack off her shoulders. "Is dad upstairs?"

"He was outback with Jim before I left so I would check there. Say a quick hello then you have homework to do." He always makes sure that she gets her homework done since Freddie got stern about her schoolwork when she kept hiding her math work last year. Plus Phoebe helps her out.

Camill heads for the back door in her black and white uniform. "Okay!" She yells back as she push open the backyard door. She sees her father and Jim walk around the garden. Jim is holding Freddie up as they walk through.

"Daddy! Pa!" She calls for Freddie and Jim. They turned around seeing the bigger 'little' girl running towards with wide open arms. Camilla hugs Jim first then had a gently hug for her father. "I miss-ed you."

"It's 'missed', love. We missed you too." Freddie brush her hair from her face and plants a kiss on her forehead. Jim takes the opportunity to pick her up, yes she maybe ten but she will always be their baby. "How was school? What did you learn?"

"We learned about division and planets. Did you know that a planet is named after you, Daddy?" She exclaimed as the two men laughed. Freddie stares at his daughter with a wide smile, he even had tears coming to his eyes. "I told the class that you are. How come I'm not a Mercury?"

Jim gave her a smirk as her father rubs his daughter's cheeks. "You are an Mercury. No matter what anyone says, you are one. Come here." Freddie reaches out for her to hold her though his body is fragile. Camilla taps Jim to let her down as Freddie seems confused until she was one her feet and hugged his legs.

"I think you two need a moment but I'll see you both inside." The Irish man looks between his lover and step daughter and left them to have some time alone.

Freddie slowly bends down to her level with tears in his eyes. Camilla is confused on why her father seems upset, she grabs both of his cheeks mushing them together.

"Why are you sad, daddy? Did I say something?" She became nervous but he holds her tightly looking straight into her eyes. Camilla's small hands wipe away his tears.

"Promise me that you'll always make me proud okay darling? Promise me that." The frail man asked his only child while she is still confused by his actions. "Camilla, answer me."

"I-I will. I promise." She lets out as he smiles slightly. "Are you okay? I know you have been sick with a cold for a while."

Freddie takes a deep breath knowing that he has been lying to his daughter for months now. He's been trying everything to get more time but the doctors said he'll have at least another year...and that's a maybe.