Some time for us

🌸SONG OF THE CHAPTER - MOONLIGHT BY ARIANA GRANDE🌸

Third Person Point Of View
Year: 1991

  Camilla is now ten years old, she is growing everyday. She is vibrant young girl who loves the arts and spending time with her father every chance can. Though she is young, Camilla understands things very will like for instance, something is wrong with her father. Nobody has told her anything about Freddie's health. She noticed how slow he's moving nowadays and how tired he is. It's only May which means summer is around the corner. This is their favorite time of year but her father is too sick to play with her.

"Pa?" Camilla drags her spoon in her oatmeal cereal as Jim looks from the newspaper. "Can Dad come outside today?"

He sighs softly as Phoebe and Joe gives them both sympathetic smiles. Jim sits the paper down and looks into his step daughter's eyes.

"Love, daddy can't really move around too much. He has to stay still so he can get better." Jim tries his best to explain as she still plays in her food. "Eat your breakfast before it gets cold. We are going to the shop so you can help me pick out some new flowers."

Camilla seems hopeless at the fact of she wants to have some fun with her father like they use to. Before he started slowing down. She is sick of everyone telling her that he can't do this or that.

"I'm not hungry. I'm going to see Dad." The ten year old, pushes her bowl away and hops up leaving the kitchen. The three men didn't bother to stop her because she is just like her father, very stubborn at times.

She hops up the stairs eagerly, head straight to her father's room. Once she reach the door the children knocks few few times. Camilla hears a faint 'come in' and she did.

There sat in bed, Freddie Mercury doing some drawing while watching the television and has company from Delilah. He looks over seeing his daughter standing at the door timidly.

"Oh darling, come on in." He waves her in as she smiles softly and comes in. Freddie sits his drawing aside while his daughter joins him on the bed. "Aren't you suppose to be eating breakfast?"

"Yes but I'm not hungry. I wanted to see you before me and Pa left out." She says while curling up next to her father's shoulder. He leans his head down to kiss her forehead. "I asked if you could come outside with me today and Pa said you can't." Camilla looks up. Freddie's eyes drop lowly in guilt. "You really can't?"

"I'm sorry, my Jadey. It's best for me to be here so I can try to get better. You'll understand.." Freddie speaks. "Don't you?"

Camilla felt the tears already coming as she wraps her little arms around her father. "Are you going to get better? And don't lie,Dad."

Freddie sighs heavily and hugs her tightly as tears started in his eyes. "I don't know, Camilla."

For the rest of the morning and afternoon, the pair stayed in each other's arms silently crying then falling asleep. Camilla continue thinking that her father was going to get better until the faithful day in November. That's when everything changed..

 That's when everything changed