4am

🌸SONG OF THE CHAPTER - EASE MY MIND BY BEN PLATT🌸

~Camilla~

We are in this rough place where everything is a argument. I should have told him right after or not took Amir's offer to talk. Then again I'm an adult so I can do whatever I want. I'm sick of having miscommunication with Rami. What is going on? Now I can't even sleep.

I finally open my eyes seeing nothing but darkness. Rami is on his side sleeping peacefully yet I'm a wreck. I've been up thinking about our relationship. Maybe this is too much too fast? I don't want to break up with him but something needs to change or be fix. My temper and his are unmatched. I got a glimpse of the side table clock and saw the time of 3:59 am. Without waking him, I slid out of bed and put on my slippers.

I went through the living room to get an cigarette and a lighter. Once I did, I made my way out to his patio area. The view is a site I'll ever stop loving. You can still hear some cars but it's much more quiet than the day.

 You can still hear some cars but it's much more quiet than the day

I lean on the balcony while smoking my cigarette. It's chilly but I like the breeze that's hitting me. Again my mind ran with thoughts of what will happen with me and Rami. Will he end things? If we do end things, could we still be friends?

I swipe a few tears then sigh. Slowly I felt someone put a blanket over me. Rami stood next to me looking out at the view.

"How did you know I was out here?" I whispered softly blowing out the smoke. I watched him closely as he stayed looking straight ahead.

"I felt you not by my side. I got up and saw you through the door." He says quietly. I handed him the rest of the cigarette for him to finish. "What are you doing up?"

"I couldn't sleep. Kept thinking." I mumbled. He moves closer to me as he inhaled the smoke.

"About?" He blows out.

I hugged the blanket before wrapping it around both of us. "Us. I keep thinking that you're going to break up with me. I don't blame you."

Rami flicks the cigarette out and looks over at me with disbelief. "You don't get it do you? You honestly don't and it's truly mind-blowing."

"What are you talking about?"

He shakes his head. "You don't see that I'm completely in love with you and nothing or nobody can tear us apart. I want to spend the rest of my life with you." Rami takes a few deep breaths as I watch him carefully. He hangs his head low while chuckling. "I never dealt with a woman like you before."

I am taken back a bit. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"You actually care. And I never did in a way with my other relationship. I mean I did at one point but shit turns every time. With you it's different. I like this. Well I love it actually." He spoke out while I listen to him. Rami rarely talks about his old relationships, maybe he thinks it will bother me?