Bucky - Recover

"Do it Soldier! Pull that fucking trigger! I know how much you want to!" You screamed as the Winter Soldier pointed a gun at you. Four other Hydra men stood around you.

"Winter Soldier, kill her now." One demanded as you had tears streaming down your face.

"Do it." You growled as you glared at him. In one swift movement he grabbed you and held you tight as he fired at the four men, killing each of them. You shook as you stared at them then looked up at the Winter Soldier.

"We have to go." He mumbled as he ran and dragged you along, you ducked for cover as you were fired at. He pulled you up again and you were struggling to keep up with him. You heard gunshots all around as he gripped onto your wrist tightly. You felt a sharp pain in your right arm as you looked and saw a bullet had grazed the side of your arm. You shook off the pain and kept running. You both ran along a bridge as you watched the Winter Soldier look for an escape route. He yanked you closer as he pulled you into his arms and jumped of the bridge as you gripped onto him. You felt yourself hit the water as he dragged you under the bridge away from eye sight. He looked down and saw the blood on your arm as he grabbed it roughly and you hissed in pain.

"Why weren't you more careful!" He shouted as you flinched a bit but then regained your posture.

"I'm sorry! I'm not a trained soldier like you!" You shouted as he growled at you and you just rolled your eyes. He grabbed you again and began swimming towards the shore once the bridge went quiet. You stood up in the shallow water as you got to the shore and collapsed onto the ground, exhaustion and blood lose getting to you.

"Get up we have to keep moving." He ordered as you groaned and tried to get up but fail and dropped to your knees.

"I feel dizzy." You mumbled as he rolled his eyes and picked you up in his arms.

"I can treat it once we get somewhere safe." He said as you nodded and rested your head on his shoulder.

"Don't fall asleep weakling." He said as he looked down at you.

"Rude bitch." You mumbled as you glared at him. Time moved weirdly as you watched the trees above you and the Winter Soldier's concentrated face. You looked up as you saw a small cottage that looked abandoned.

"What if someone lives here?" You mumbled quietly.

"I'll deal with them." He grumbled as you began closing your eyes.

"I told you to not close your eyes." He growled as he kicked the door open and laid you down on the dusty couch. You watched him as he knocked on the floorboards and then ripped one up and pulled out water containers. He grabbed a cup and brought it to you as he sat you up and began pouring the water down your throat. You drank thirstily as he concentrated on not letting you choke. He drank next before he pulled out an old first aid kit.

"Stay still." He ordered as he lifted your sleeve up and poured alcohol onto the wound. You hissed and tried to move away but he gripped you thigh roughly.

"Don't. Move." He growled as he glared into your eyes as you closed you eyes and tried to focus on something else. You felt him stitching the wound as you hand instantly went to his on your thigh and you gripped it as you closed your eyes tighter.

"Shh it's ok, I'm almost done." He whispered, his voice was so soft and calm and it was the first thing to come out of his mouth that wasn't an order. You opened your eyes and saw him wrapping a bandage around your arm, his fingers gentle on your skin.

"Ok I'm done." He whispered as you laid back down on the couch.

"Thanks." You said as you heard a small grunt of approval.

"There's a bed in the room you go get some rest, I'll start the fire." He said as you looked at him.

"It's ok you can have the bed." You said as he stood above you and growled.

"Get in bed now." He ordered in a low scary tone as you nodded silently and went to the room.

"Don't close the door, I'll find some spare clothes for you." He said as you laid down on the soft mattress. You couldn't help but drift off as you fell asleep quite easily.

————

You woke up in the morning and saw you were covered in blankets and in new clothing. You were too tired to care if he saw you naked or not. You got up and saw Bucky sitting on the couch staring at the door.

"Did you sleep?" You asked as you yawned. He glared at you as you shifted under his gaze.

"I don't need sleep." He growled as he went back to watching the door.

"Hey." You mumbled as you placed a hand on his shoulder, he quickly grabbed your wrist and growled at you. He realised what he had done and loosened his grip, he looked at your wrist and noticed a bruise in the shape of his hand. He stared at it as he ran his fingers over it gently, he shook his head as he looked down.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean it." He mumbled as he gently brung your wrist to his lips and kissed it. You quietly sat beside him as you looked at him.

"Sit on the floor." You said as he looked at you in confusion.

"Just do it." You said smiling as he sat in front of the couch, you placed your legs on either side of him.

"This way you can still watch the door and also relax." You said as you began digging your thumbs into his tight muscles.

"Try to relax." You whispered as he leant against the couch and you continued to massage his muscles. You heard small noises from his as you felt him finally relaxing.

"Why didn't you shoot?" You mumbled as he didn't reply.

"Why didn't you kill me?" You whispered.

"Because, when I looked into your eyes. I saw something, something other than pain or fear when you looked at me. I've never had anyone look at me that way." He mumbled back as he hid his face from you.

"Thank you. I'm Y/N btw." You said as you felt him relax again.

"I don't know my real name." He grumbled as you thought back.

"That man on the bridge, he seemed to know you. He called you Bucky, maybe that was your name." You said as you worked out the knots in his shoulders.

"Bucky sounds better than Winter Soldier." He mumbled as you saw him closing his eyes.

"Bucky it is then." You said happily. He sighed as he trusted you to work on his muscles.

"I can't remember the last time someone touched me and it wasn't for torture." He mumbled as you began running your fingers through his hair.

"Wait!" You shouted as you got up and ran to the bathroom, you came back with a brush and sat back down. You gently brushed his hair as he closed his eyes.

"Thank you Y/N." You heard him whispered as you smiled a little.