Avengers - Carmen

You put your dark sunglass over your red eyes and a beanie on to cover your white hair as you got ready for the day. You grabbed your camera and bag and ran out the door. The Avengers were going on a mission and you knew it was your chance to get some awesome photos. Cliche yes, you worked for the New York times as a solo journalist. You got every photo of the Avengers you could, and maybe exploited them every now and then.

'Heading to get a new story now.' You texted your boss as you grabbed your motorbike and followed the map on your phone. You sped down the highway to the abandoned Hydra base you knew the Avengers would be at. You went by Carmen on your posts, your real name was Y/N L/N, but you never wanted anyone to know who you really were. You stopped your bike just outside the perimeter, you were very skilled in blending in. After all no one ever noticed you.

"You and Nat take the west wing, Wanda and I will take east wing." You heard Captain America saying as you grabbed your camera and began taking photos.

"Nat and Clint, or Cap and Wanda?" You asked yourself.

"Cap and Wanda." You muttered as you followed quietly behind them taking photos. You saw an ex Hydra agent sneaking up behind them as you coughed to catch their attention and hid quickly while they saw him and took him down. You took a photo of the man before they dragged him away, you were uploading as you were going.

"Carmen is here, she just uploaded new photos." Tony said into everyones com.

"Going somewhere?" You heard voice say as you looked behind you to see Tony.

"Shit." You cursed as you backed up but Steve grabbed you restricted your arms.

"Heyyy guys." You said as you chuckled awkwardly.

"Carmen, the one exploiting every one of my secrets." Tony grumbled as you chuckled.

"Y-Yeah, you know. Whatever pays the bills." You said nervously as you heard Steve grumble.

"So you know who we all are? Our true identities?" Steve asked.

"Yeah of course." You said as Tony glared at you.

"So why do you never publish who we all are?" Steve asked as you chuckled.

"I'm a journalist not a villain. Your hero lives are public but your private lives are yours, I'm not interested in those." You said as Tony nodded. He went to take your glasses off as your instincts kicked in and you buried your teeth in his hand releasing venom.

"Fuck!" He swore as he withdraw his hand.

"Oh shit." You mumbled as you looked at him.

"Ok, I need to get that venom out before you drop dead." You said quickly as Tony's hand started turning purple.

"Cap let her go!" He shouted as Steve released you and you quickly grabbed Tony's hand and sucked out the venom as they all stared at you. Nat and Clint came in and looked at Steve weirdly.

"Long story." Wanda said as Nat rose an eyebrow. You sucked out the rest of the venom and spat it out as you wiped your mouth.

"Sorry." You mumbled as Tony looked down at his purple hand.

"Well, that was something. We just need you to come back for questioning." Steve said as you groaned but nodded.

"Fine." You mumbled as you followed them out.

"I'm not leaving my bike here." You said as you pointed to your bike.

"Fine, Steve take her bike with her and meet us at the tower." Tony said as Steve nodded and followed you up to your bike.

"You're on the back, you are not riding her." You said as you got on the bike and waited for Steve. He sat behind you and paused when he went to hold onto you.

"Oh just put your hands around my waist you prude." You said as he rolled his eyes and put his arms around you to secure himself. You started your bike and made your way to the tower.

"Do you know where to go!?" He shouted as you chuckled.

"Of course I do!" You replied as you sped back down the highway. You both made it to the tower before the team as you secured your bike outside.

"Shall we?" You smirked as you followed Steve into the tower and into the elevator.

"We can just wait in the main room until the team come back." He said as you nodded.

"You aren't just some reporter are you? I mean you bit Tony and almost killed him. What are you?" He asked as you groaned and took off your beanie and sunnies.

"You may as well know before it's revealed. My dad was a scientist, one night he accidentally got exposed to some shit and he went crazy. My mother left without me and my father decided I was the perfect guinea pig. So he injected all these things into my blood and rewrote my DNA, is I'm basically half snake." You explained as you followed him into the main room. He looked back at you in shock.

"What happened to your father?" He asked.

"Shield found him, killed him and took me to train. I was five, I didn't want to train. I was been tortured by them for a year until I had enough and ran away. I've been running from Shield ever since." You said as he sat down and looked up at you.

"Shield have helped us plenty in the past, they tortured you?" He asked as you scoffed.

"Yeah well they don't exactly advertise it." You grumbled as you sat down across from him.

"I still have this though." You said as you moved your hair to reveal a symbol on your neck.

"They branded me. They said it was a symbol I should wear with pride, this symbol was burnt onto my skin to I would be owned. I take no pride in that." You mumbled as Steve listened.

"Argh sorry I don't know why I'm telling you all of this." You said as you rubbed your eyes.

"It's ok, I don't mind listening." He said as he smiled at you.

"What's your real name?" He asked as you looked away.

"That doesn't matter, just call me Carmen. If I start using my real name Shield will find me." You replied as he nodded. He seemed so understanding of everything you told him. You thought he would run away. You heard the elevator and looked up to see the rest of the team entering, they all paused and looked at you seeing your white hair and red eyes. You groaned and put your beanie and sunnies back on, you were always ashamed of it.

"Hey it's ok, you don't have to hide it." Nat said as she sat next to you and slowly took them back off.

"It's hideous." You grumbled as she smiled.

"I think you look beautiful." She said as you blushed.

"T-Thank you." You said looking away as she chuckled and stood back up.

"So what -

"Am I? Half snake. I'm not explaining the rest you can ask spanks over here." You said pointing to Cap who surprisingly laughed at your comment.

"Shield isn't what we thought, and Carmen is running from them. Can we all agree she has our protection?" Steve said as you looked at him in shock.

"I will have to get your real name and do back ground checks, but I think we could use someone like you on our team." Tony said smiling as you cleared your throat and looked up to him.

"Thank you, and my real name is Y/N L/N." You said staring him in the eyes.

"It's a pleasure to meet you."