《19》

GOENKA VILLA

KARTIK'S POV

I'm back home. I had to rush to office because of some issues with the clients. Now, it has been resolved. I hope everything's alright at home.

After parking my car in the driveway, I walked inside the house. Everything looks normal.

"Hi! You're home early", Naira greeted me and took the laptop bag from me.

"Yeah, I just had to resolve some issues with the clients. That's the advantage when you are the CEO", I replied and pulled my sleeves up.

"Where are the kids?", I asked.

"They are upstairs in their rooms studying", she replied.

"Surprising", I said.

I walked towards the kitchen cabinet and picked up a cookie.

"Was everything alright in my absence?", I asked.

"Yes. Everything was alright. But Nidhi mam was looking for you, I don't know why", she replied handing me a glass of water.

"Then I think I should meet her", I said as I drank the water and handed the glass to Naira.

------------------------

I walked into my bedroom to see Nidhi sitting on the couch silently.

I walked towards her and bent in front of her.

"Hey love, what's wrong?", I asked her.

She looked at me with tear filled eyes. She stood up wiping her tears and walked forward.

"I think I should go back", she said.

I stood up and walked towards her. I turned her towards me and cupped her face.

"What's wrong baby? Why would you say that?", I asked her confused.

"It's nothing Kartik. I think I should go back. I can't stay here", she replied, her eyes not able to meet mine.

I sighed.

"Nidhi, this is very abrupt. I can't process anything. Will you tell me what went wrong? Did I hurt you? Did the kids - did the kids do anything?", I asked doubtfully.

"I don't wanna talk about it. It will look like I'm complaining to you. See Kartik, I love those kids but I don't think they will ever accept me", she explained.

"And why do you think so?", I asked her.

"I can sense it Kartik. They don't wanna spend time with me. They ignore me when I approach them. It's hard Kartik. I dunno how to explain it to you. They send me hate vibes", she replied looking at me.

"What did they do?", I asked stern as I held her shoulders tight.

Nidhi closed her eyes and looked down.

"I can't", she shook her head.

"Nidhi say it", I said, my voice stern.

Nidhi described the whole incident and it made my blood boil.

I rushed downstairs.

"Kartik, no!", Nidhi said from behind.

I stood in the living room.

"Siya, Aatish and Sahil down right now", I shouted.

Naira looked at me worried.

Siya, Aatish and Sahil came downstairs.