《43》

Naira's  POV

I and Abhishek were still on our way home. We hadn't uttered a word to each other since. I was looking out of the window and Abhishek was driving.

"Why did you work as a nanny? I mean your family is doing well only......you could've pursued your studies....I didn't quite understand the fact", he asked looking at me.

"My mom and dad died. I have been living with my chachu and chachi since then. They already had a family to take care of....I just added financial pressure on them so I decided to live on my own....they sent me to boarding school. They would send me money every month and then...", I paused as I remembered the past. I closed my eyes and let the tears flow.

"Then...I went to college and I met this boy", my voice shook. Abhishek looked at me and held my hand.

"I know what happened next Naira. I don't need you to inform me", he said and I looked at him confused.

"You know....you know about my pregnancy", I asked him, shocked.

"Yes I do. Your chachu and chachi informed me", he replied looking at the road.

"And you don't have a problem", I asked doubtful.

"No....I don't", he looked at me and smiled.

I kept looking at him. He turned his gaze towards the road. I sighed and leaned back on my seat.

"After I told him about the pregnancy....he left me. Even the college didn't accept me. They feared that I would be a bad example for the students. I kept the baby. Chachu and chachi looked after me throughout the pregnancy but as she was born, I lost her. I was young with no qualification, no degree, nothing....so I decided to become a nanny to support my family",I told him the whole truth and he just nodded.

I sighed and looked out of the window.

"Are you upset with me over that matter?", he asked me. I looked at him.

"Which matter?", I asked him.

"I taunted your hot-headed  boss and insulted his angry bird kid. They were so annoying man....how did you live with them?", he asked me waiting for my answer.

"They are nice people. They are like family. I love them and they love me. I couldnt hear anything against them so I shouted at you", I explained him and he nodded.

"I'll forgive you this time but this mistake shouldn't be repeated. You can't raise your voice on me. Did you hear that? That's the first rule you have to follow if you're gonna stay with me", he warned me and I looked at him confused.

Wait....What?!!

-------------------------

KARTIK'S POV

It was night. The kids had gone to sleep but I was still wide awake. I was standing near the window and looking at the stars. I couldn't stop thinking about Naira. You wouldn't believe me but I could see her among the stars....smiling at me, blushing at me.

Gosh....I miss her so much!!

"Daddy", Ahana called me from behind.

I turned back to look at her.

"Ahana....baby why aren't you in your bed? Its already late", I asked her.

"I wanted to sleep with you", she said and stretched her arms so that I could pick her up. I sighed and picked her up. I took her to my bed and made her lie down. I laid beside her. I covered us with a duvet and she placed her head on my chest. I smiled and caressed her hair.