《48》

NAIRA'S POV

Finally its my wedding day. I dunno whether to be excited or sad about it. Excited cuz its my wedding or sad because I'm not getting married to the man I love.....Kartik. I wonder what he must be doing right now. I dunno why I can't take him off my head. Each and everything ends with him. I'm trying so hard not to think about him but I'm failing terribly. I should forget him. He's my past.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a red bridal lehenga, chudas covering my forearm. A mangtika adorned my forehead, a heavy necklace and ghoonghat covering my head. I was wearing minimal makeup because I didn't want to wear a lot of makeup.

Just then Mishti entered

"Are you ready di?", she asked approaching me.

I nodded looking down at the floor. She sighed and cupped my face.

"Di...you don't have to do this. We can still call off the wedding if you want to. Remember, this is the matter of your whole life", Mishti explained.

"I've decided Mishti", I said determined.

Just then we heard the sound of the baraat. Mishti looked at me to know my answer for the last time. I nodded.

"I need to do this", I said.

-------------------------------

KARTIK'S POV

I was standing in my room in my sherwani. I was just wearing a sherwani, my watch(the most important accessory) and had gelled my hair.

 I was just wearing a sherwani, my watch(the most important accessory) and had gelled my hair

Today I'm finally gonna marry Naira. But the plan has to work. I just hope everything goes right.

Just then, Siya and Ahana entered and looked at me.

"Whoa dad....you look-", Siya began to say but I interrupted her.

"Dashing, handsome, charming I know", I completed her sentence and she nodded in disbelief.

"You're so self obsessed, aren't u?", Siya asked with her hands on her hips and I chuckled.

"Come here my girls...", I said and stretched my arms. They ran into my arms and hugged me tightly.