《28》

KARTIK'S POV

Trust Me!! I was trying my best not to worry about Siya and concentrate on my other kids but I was failing miserably. But I had to do this.....I don't want them to feel neglected. But the most affected one was Aatish. He didn't speak to anyone and had locked himself inside his bedroom for the whole day. But I decided to drag him out of his hole this morning.

I knocked on his door with a mug of hot chocolate in my hand.

"Who's it?", he asked from the other side. His voice was husky, indicating that he woke up just now.

"Its the man who gave birth to you. Well....not technically -", I chuckled and was about to continue my sentence that the creaking open sound of the door, forestalled me from speaking and there appeared my son, the genie from the magic lamp.

But...this genie was not obedient as he never came out of his lamp when I called him!!

He looked at me rubbing his eyes, clearly not interested in talking to me.

"Why are you here?", he asked me walking back inside the room, keeping the door behind open and thankfully not closing it on my face.

Phew!!

"Okay....so lets start this with a mug of hot chocolate", I walked inside the room and forwarded the mug.

He looked at it and sighed. Gratefully, he took the mug and took the first sip of hot chocolate.

I decided to start the conversation.

"So.....Aatish.....I had this plan in mind. Why don't we spend the day together doing all your favourite things? Nobody else...just us", I proposed the idea and hoped for him to appove it.

He looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Dad....if you are doing all this hoping that I would forgive you, then sorry you aren't right", Aatish said keeping the mug on the table and wiping the cream above his upper lip with the back of his hand.

I sighed and sat on the bed. I looked at him with a serious look that later softened.

"Aatish....listen....I know its difficult for you to forgive me but please try to understand-", I began to say but he interrupted me.

"Okay....so you are just here to beg forgiveness and when I finally forgive you, you will be back repeating the same mistakes again", Aatish taunted me, chuckling.

I closed my eyes and then looked at him.

"Listen Aatish....I don't want you to forgive me. But please will you just stop taunting me? I know it's hard for you to stay away from Siya....its hard for all of us but will you just try to accept that? I did it for her betterment only and about Nidhi's pregnancy....it wasn't planned okay. You can't blame me for this thing. The look that you give me....yes this look....it makes me feel so guilty that I can't be happy to listen about the arrival of my new baby", I burst out all the stress that was piled inside me since so long.

But he continued giving me the same look. The look that made me feel more guilty as the look was filled with anger and hatred.

I stoop up and held his shoulders, looking directly into his eyes.

"I really want that old Aatish back. Please give him to me. I just can't stand not talking to you. How long will you be quiet Aatish? Get over it", I tried to explain him.

"You are so hypocritical dad! You are telling me to speak....and when I speak , you slap me to shut me down. Remember?", He said scoffing.

"You still upset about that matter! I said I was sorry", I raised my voice as I was tired of his continuous bitter words.