《54》

KARTIK'S POV

I was sitting in my study and having a video call with my client.

"Mr. Kapoor I know it has been a little late...I was stuck with some personal problems. But now I'm back to work....I'll finish your work as soon as possible", I explained the client but he seemed to be stuck to his words.

"I'm sorry Mr. Goenka but its already very late....I need to give this order to someone else. I hope you understand", he said and I sighed.

"Its okay....", I nodded and ended the video call. I sighed deeply and buried my head in my hands.

Just then I heard someone's footsteps approaching me but I didn't pay any attention and sat there with my head buried in my hands.

"Daddy", I heard Ahana's voice.

"Hmm", I replied least interested still sitting in that position.

"I'm gonna ask you one last time....can I go to Shay's house for a play date? He has been calling me since the morning", Ahana said.

"Yes", I replied not realising what I said.

"Really...?? I love you daddy. You're the best", Ahana said and rushed out of the study.

"I know", I chuckled not realising what she just asked me.

Wait........

"Ahana!!!", I shouted as I raised my head and stood up from the chair.

"Listen young lady!!!", I said as I stormed out of the study but she had already left.

I walked out of the room and bumped into Naira.

"Hey wait my rajdhani express? Why are you in such a hurry?", she asked me confused.

"My daughter just outwitted me and sneaked out for a play date with that boy....what's his name? Yess Shay!", I replied and started to walk that Naira held me.

"Calm down Mr. Goenka....and listen to me", Naira held my face in between her palms and looked at me.

"First...she didn't sneak out, she asked my permission and I let her go", Naira said and I looked at her shocked.

"What do you mean by you just let her go?! She's only seven for christ's sake!", I shouted at Naira panicking and she glared at me.

"C'mon Kartik stop being so over protective around her...that's my point she's only seven...she's just a kid! Shay is just a kid! They are on a play date...its that simple. Why are you complicating it?!", Naira asked me frustrated and I gave up and stayed silent.

"Second point...you said she outwitted you! It's normal because she's your daughter....she has oversmartness character in her genes", Naira explained me and I turned my face away. She turned my face to hers and caressed my face.

"Its okay Kartik", Naira said calming me down.

"Yeah....I guess it is. I'm just over reacting", I said and she smiled. She was still holding my face in between her palms. She brought her lips close to mine and I closed my eyes knowing her intentions. We were about to kiss that Pammi Aunty suddenly entered.

"Offo you two! You both start anywhere only...first in bedroom and now here? These newly married couples na I tell you!! Awe le mele babu ne khana khaya....awe le mela shona...my sweetu...my kuchi kuchi kooo.....", Pammi Aunty mocked at all the lovers literally cursing them. While we couldn't stop blushing....

"No seriously....I won't doubt if u both give me a good news tomorrow", Pammi Aunty blabbered and walked away while we laughed.

------------------------