《78》- Last Chapter

Kartik's POV

"I'm sorry to say Kartik but......Naira has suffered a miscarriage", the doctor declared and my world stopped.

I looked at the doctor shocked. The doctor looked at me with sorry eyes and then walked back into the ward. I just stood there rooted to the ground. I was knocked off my senses. My whole world had turned upside down. I didn't know when a lone tear escaped my eye.

All the moments of the pregnancy flashed in front of my eyes.

Our baby is no more

Our baby is no more....

We lost it.....

I sighed deeply as my vision became blurry. I covered my face with my hands and whimpered.

"Kartik putarr", Pammi Aunty placed her hand on my shoulder. I removed my hands from my face and turned to look at her.

She didn't speak anything. She was just looking at me concerned, her eyes filled with tears. She looked so broken but still she tried to give me strength by rubbing my back.

But I wasn't the one who needed strength, Naira did.

It happened with her.......again.

I turned away from Pammi Aunty and wiped my tears.

"I need to meet Naira", I said and walked into the ward.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still Kartik's PoV

I entered into the ward to look at Naira.
She was sitting lifelessly on the bed, staring at the wall in front of her. Her eyes looked so painful, the tears had dried in them. It looked like her soul was snatched from her body. She looked so void, so empty.

Still, she had her hand on her stomach. She tried to feel its presence. She tried to get a sign that its still alive inside her. She wanted to wake up from this sad reality. Her face looked so dull. The glow faded from her cheeks.

I was so guilty seeing this expression on her face. I was so guilty to see her suffering from this. I couldn't.......I wasn't there. I wasn't there to protect her. I wasn't there to protect our baby.