《59》

KARTIK'S POV

I walked out of the house in the rain to search for Aatish. I was wandering in the roads looking for him. But I couldn't find him anywhere.

"Aatish", I called but got no response.

I walked upto his friend Manik's house and rang the door bell. I waited for some seconds, tapping my feet. Just then, his mom opened the door.

"Mr. Goenka?", his mom said surprised.

"Good afternoon Mrs. Kapoor...I just wanted to ask that have you seen Aatish? Is he at your place? Or did he stop by? Do you know where is he?", I asked her so many questions in a single breath.

"I'm sorry Mr. Goenka...but I don't know anything about it. Aatish isn't here...he never came", Mrs. Kapoor replied.

"Oh", I said softly and looked down at the floor. Just then, I realised something.

"Does Manik know anything?", I asked her. She shrugged her shoulders.

"Can you atleast call him once?", I asked her sharply  getting impatient as my panic level was increasing.

She nodded.

"Manik...!!", she called him.

"Yes maa....", he replied, coming down the stairs and standing next to her.

"Aatish's dad wants to know his whereabouts...do u know anything where Aatish is?", his mom asked him.

"Do you have any clue where he is? It has been three hours since he left home. He hasn't come back yet. I thought to ask you because he usually hangs out with you", I explained Manik the whole situation and waited for a reply from him.

"No...he's not here and I have no clue where he is. We haven't talked to each other since a couple of days", Manik replied and I sighed deeply.

"Okay....but just inform me if you get any information about him. You have my number right?", I asked Manik and he nodded.

"Thanks", I muttered and turned to go as they closed the door behind.

"Where are you Aatish?", I talked to myself.

---------------------------

NAIRA'S POV

The door bell rang. I walked across the floor to open the door, hoping it to be Aatish. But it was Pammi Aunty. She barged in and stood in front me as I closed the door behind.

"What happened putar? Where's Aatish? I heard that you can't find him anywhere", Pammi Aunty said worried.

"Yes aunty....Kartik is out looking for him", I replied and Pammi Aunty nodded.

"Don't worry guys he'll be alright....its his first break up. He has taken it too seriously", Siya said munching on chocos.

"Break up!! Haye Haye bechara", Pammi Aunty said and I nodded my head side to side in disbelief.

"So...does it has anything to do with Aayat?", I asked Siya.

"Of course it does...I mean she is his girlfriend...I mean was. She's moving to Delhi...she and Aatish were best buddies. Isliye Aatish is behaving like devdas now", Siya replied feeding chocos to Oreo.

"Haye today's kids! Therefore, yeh boyfriend girlfriend ke chakkar mein padna hi nahi chahiye....our system was better...mom and dad select a person for you and you have to live your whole life with him/her...it still works out well", Pammi Aunty said sitting on the chair and taking out some chocos from the packet.