《29》

Kartik's POV

"Wait....we've got full fuel and I got the car upgraded only a few weeks ago. Why did it stop suddenly?", I asked myself trying to reach a conclusion.

"You'll get to know that if u step out of the car and look into the problem", Aatish suggested giving me his "smarty pants" smile and looking at me with "dude, its obvious" kinda expression.

"Good idea", I said and came out of the car only to see the tires punctured.

"What's the matter?", Aatish asked following me from behind.

"The tires are punctured. I forgot to fill in the air", I replied looking at the punctured tires.

"Aatish....can you please open the boot? I've kept some tools that may come in handy to repair this puncture", I said and he opened the door of the driving seat and pulled the lever to open the boot.

"Thanks Aatish", I said and walked to the boot to take out some tools from it.

-----------------------------

Siya's POV

I was sitting in the Maths class trying to concentrate on the lecture but the unbearable pain in my head prevented me to do so.

I think its because of the things I'm doin' lately.

My eyes were fluttering but I was trying my best to keep them open.

"Siya Goenka", the teacher called out my name.

I tried to come back to my senses and stood up.

"What's sin 60°?", the teacher asked me with that slender stick in her hand.

"I....can you please repeat the question miss?", I requested her, trying my best to keep my eyes open.

"What's sin 60°?", the teacher asked again with gritted teeth. The students were staring at me and had started whispering.

"I dunno....0?", I guessed and hoped for it to be right.

The teacher turned her head side to side in disbelief.

"The answer's right in front of you on the board Siya", the teacher pointed at some figures on the board but I was unable to see it as my eyes were watery.

"C'mon Siya....don't act so dumb", the teacher said frustrated.

"I can't see it miss", I said the truth.

The teacher sighed.

"Its √3/2....go to the washroom and rinse your eyes. Be back in five minutes", the teacher commanded and I quickly walked out of the classroom towards the washroom.

---------------------------------

Kartik's POV

I squated down in the immense sunlight, repairing the punctures and there stood my son busy on his phone.

"Aatish....why don't you give me a hand here instead of working on your phone?", I asked him serious.

"How can I help you? I dunno anything about this stuff!", Aatish replied clearly not in a mood to help me.

"Why don't u learn then? Its quite simple. Come on take this, I'll teach you", I said and handed over the tools to him.

"Here you go", I said and he looked at me with that "not interested" type of expression, squinting his eyes because of the sunlight.

"Go ahead", I said and he bent down to repair the tyre.

"Okay so u r gonna need a wrench, an air pressure gauge, an air pump, tire repair kit...", I instructed him.