Chapter 5 - Outdoor Cat

He was reluctant to follow me through the front door even after following me the entire way home but this was the farthest he would go. Maybe he had been tricked before by someone claiming to help him. It was obvious that he was being extra cautious especially since I was a human, he will not willingly enter my home whatsoever. I wasn't going to force him any further if he didn't feel comfortable.
   'Wait here' I said before running into the apartment leaving the door open in case he had changed his mind.

A minute later I returned with blankets, a pillow, dry clothes, and a towel for his hair. My new and hastily made plan was to let him sleep on the balcony, luckily the entire second floor was mine and no one should notice him if he sleeps behind the solid concrete fence.

   'I will let you sleep out here if you really want to but you have to change into these clothes before using the blankets.' I handed him a spare set of clothes that I had kept around for Youngjo if he needed them.

Without warning he started to remove his clothes right there on the balcony, he had already begun to lift his shirt pulling over his head. I caught a glimpse of his body before rushing to hold up a blanket as a makeshift dressing room to block him from view.

'Wait! At least let me cover you first!' I was beginning to blush, even though I had a boyfriend I should be used to things like this but it had been a long time since seeing another mans body.

It was still an awkward moment especially with a stranger undressing on the other side of the blanket. It also was the first real sign that he could really understand what I was saying.
Once he was finished changing he pulled the blanket from my hands, letting it fall from my grip. I watched it land on the ground but when I peered up he looked me in the eyes. For a brief moment we had been able to make eye contact, his sharp eyes peered into me but he still only looks at me with the same stone faced expression, our eye contact was cut short by him looking away. Any small reaction was the only form of communication he would give me. Between the two of us he probably won't be the first initiating any conversations either.

'One more thing... you should dry your hair before sleeping.' I pick up the towel and offer it over to him expecting him to take it, instead he leans down slightly but enough for me to see the top of his head and those brightly colored ears.

(Does he want me to do it?)

I carefully reach for his hair, towel in hand. He flinched when I first made contact then relaxed shortly after. I was softly moving the towel through his hair and around his Lion like ears until I heard a small growl and paused my actions.

(Am I imagining things?) I then repeated what I had done and heard it again. This time I knew there was a growling noise and it was coming from him, scaring me a little.

'Sorry I didn't mean to.' I apologized as my hands pulled away and he looked annoyed. I was unsure of what I was apologizing for but maybe it will help my case if I made him angry.

The towel was unexpectedly taken from my hands and he used it to finish his hair then used it on his tail, at last he was clean and dry. Silently he began to make his bed for the night.

(Was he really going to just sleep outside instead?) Shaking my head in disbelief I collected everything and went inside.

Before bed I needed to warm up with a shower first and something to eat, giving me some time to think about everything that occurred today.

(What do I do now? What will happen after this? What if he will be gone tomorrow?) These thoughts were running through my mind for the remainder of the night until I had fallen asleep.