Chapter 53 - Recovery

Warning: Self Harm

Y/n and Geonhak were the only ones asked to make an appearance for this last time. It was just y/n, Geonhak, and Joshua standing at the front.

'Congratulations Miss y/n, it seems your hybrid friend was successful during the search.'

Joshua twitches in anger and fury but I ignore it, listening to the judge.

'One of the-' he clears his throat 'current housekeepers seems to have been seen with the same mark and, after some convincing, they have finally told us what we needed to know, including where they came from, which so happens to be the same story as your own.'

(One of his housekeepers was illegally purchased? I am not surprised.)

'In short, the woman has told us plenty. Mr Cohen, you will be interrogated further and likely arrested.'

'I WHAT?! You can't do that. What happened to the money I gave you?!' He yelled.

'You will learn now Mr Cohen that I am a judge that doesn't take bribes. I have also come across some important information. Miss y/n and her friend provided me proof of their ownership on paper before, each with an official seal from two separate establishments. When we looked for the confidential forms of those businesses they seemed to have... not existed on either of their systems, no one else had their data changed. You are guilty of human trafficking AND tampering with government level information.'

'For the Lion hybrid, he will be sent to a facility for three months to rectify himself and learn how to behave properly.'

The case has been concluded, finally. Everyone made their way toward the exits but I hurried to the Judge and asked him one more thing.

'What will happen to the housekeeper... and anyone else that belong to the estate?'

'She will be returned home. As for the hybrids, they will be put up for sale again if the owner is arrested for which I have no doubt will happen.'

'Oh.' I pout at the less than ideal news.

(If only I could do even a little more to help them too but I know I can't.)

'I forgot one thing Miss y/n, I want to make a personal deal.' He speaks with an old tired voice.

'Hmm?'

'I want you to work harder, you should find somewhere... do something that makes you happier and when Geonhak comes back, share with him how much you changed.'

'But I don't trust sending him away to others, not for three months.'

'Trust me. He will be fine, he will be sent somewhere I myself had a hand in creating.'

(Is this man in support of hybrids? He tells me that this 'somewhere' is a place he made?)
————

I hug Geonhak again once we step back into our home and he hugs me tightly.

'Ah' He jumps a little and lets me go.

'Sorry. I touched your burn didn't I?'