Chapter 39 - Parents

'Why are you two here??!'

'Why? Why not, you haven't called or responded to me for so long and your friends haven't said a word about you either, what's wrong with you?!'

Geonhak smelled new scents at the door, unfamiliar smells but strong with floral and peppermint smells. He waited nearby behind the wall in case something bad would happen but when it turned out the visitors were my very own parents he shuffled away to the back of the apartment and shut the door to a room for hiding.

I only know this because when he did he was not very good at keeping quiet. I heard him and so did they, if only my floors were less noisy.

My mom peaks into the house behind me.

'Oh do you have another guest? Is Youngjo here? He hasn't been answering any of my calls and your friend Kelly won't tell me anything about you either, so I had to come here myself.' She says while stepping inside, uninvited, and inspecting the place as my dad follows, personally uninterested in the mystery guest. She stalks around looking into the kitchen and sees two plates left at the table after lunch had taken place.

She doesn't mention anything and heads straight for my room, not with sternness but with curiosity.

(No I can't let them meet this way I need to stop her, there is nowhere I can hide a man like him in a room.)

It's too late. The door to my room is open, I get to the doorway and see... nothing.

Of course he wouldn't be in here but she already suspects the next location and wanders into the guest room where the window is surprisingly left opened.

Phew.

'Y/n. What is that.'

'What?' (Oh no.)

She walks to the window and tugs on two furry ears sticking out from below only to find they are attached to someone and she jumps away almost fearful.

Mom: 'Oh! Get out of here this is no place for strays now shoo!' She flails her hands in an attempt to run him off.

Geonhak is still crouched down and looking up through the window at her with soft innocent eyes and almost a pout at how this woman, the parent of his love, is reacting to him and it hurt deeply.

'Geonhak.. please come back in.' I call to him.

My moms eyes widen and she turns back to face him as he climbs through the frame of the window. He always looks cool to me when he does that but to my mom it was like a burglar just entered, she backed away cautiously.

It was difficult to find the words so instead I stood by him and wrapped an arm behind his back while his hand softly gripped my other arm in front of him, I hoped it was a subtle way for her to figure it out.

Mom: 'George, get in here!'

She calls him almost as if he belonged to her like Geonhak belonged to me. I was an unusual thought that came to mind but didn't last long before my parents and us two were sat in the main room, them sitting on one seat and us in another.

My dad stared at Geonhak for the entire conversation between, primarily, me and my mom, my dad was always calmer than her but his scowl was unnerving when it came about.

Mom: 'Not only did you not tell us about him but you are in a relationship with it?! Is there anything else?'

Geonhaks hand flinches but no one else seemed to notice, after the negativity she just dragged me through over this I almost didn't want to mention the baby. I was very close to not telling her anymore.