Chapter 15 - Confrontation

'I'm home!' Lately I have had to announce everytime I return from the daycare center. I would go there with Kelly every day right after work to help her watch the kids. Adding the extra job to my schedule was easy in the beginning but after the fourth day it became exhausting especially since babysitting wasn't ever easy.

(Thank goodness this is just temporary.)

The change was difficult for Geonhak as well.
Most of the time I would have to leave him alone at the apartment, hoping he wouldn't go out and get into trouble while I'm busy. All the time he spent on his own began to frustrate him so I started announcing when I walk through the front door to see him as soon as possible.

He would always come to the door immediately  and give me affection but not today. I set my things down on the floor and look for him. He's not in the kitchen, not in the bathroom, and not in his room. I open the door to my own room to find him curled up in my blankets without a shirt but with something in his tight grip.

I walk to the side of the bed where he was sleeping and notice he was holding onto my old jacket, the one I always wore before Youngjo gave me a new one before leaving. He found it in the back of my closet a few days ago and kept it around because he said it smelled like me. Not wanting to disturb him I quietly turn around and walk out.

   Eating seemed like a good idea at this time while he was asleep, I sat on the couch watching tv after my meal. It didn't take long before he came out, rubbing his sleepy eyes, dragging my jacket behind him, he looked like a small child holding a blanket after a nap. He wandered over to me, sat on his knees and rested his head face down, arms placed under his head like a pillow, he let out a deep tired breath that I felt on my thighs.

'How much longer are you going to do this again?' With his face downward and covered, his words sounded like quiet mumbling.

y/n: 'Is it that hard on you when I'm not here? That's cute.' I pet his hair, teasing him and his behavior, knowing he didn't like being called cute.

His hybrid ear twitched in response to my teasing but he said nothing.

'Now that you're here, can we go lay down? I've been waiting all day for you.'

'Hmm? You just want to lay down, are you sick?'

'Yes.' He speaks louder almost sounding frustrated that I keep talking and haven't moved yet to do what he wanted. He raises his head to look at me with an angry pout.

'I'm sick of being here alone all the time your jacket isn't enough. I Need you, right now.' He pouts more and begins to roughly massage his hand up and down my thigh.

(This behavior seems familiar.)

'Geonhak have you been taking your medicine?'
He didn't answer and kept pawing at my leg.

(I guess that's a no. Wait. What if~)
I pull my phone out to check the date.

(Oh no. Don't tell me he is acting like this because of...me?!)

I put the phone down and nervously ask him a question. 'Uh, do I... smell different to you today?'
He nods his head, soft eyes now focused on my legs.

'And you haven't been taking your medication lately I guess? Is that why you're doing this to me?'

Ignoring my question he begs again.
'Please? I don't need anything special. Just help me a little bit. Y/n please.'

'Fine.' Doing things like this doesn't feel right when Youngjo is still in the picture but I have also formed a special relationship with Geonhak, making me feel caught in the middle.