Chapter 44 - Re-Emergence

I scrolled through the article, the very one that exposed our identity and read through it carefully. Fortunately it did not delve into our relationship but it painted us almost as enemies against the norm, there were many hateful, and equally supportive, comments. The article focused on our work with Julia, who I called afterwards looking for answers.

'I have seen the news but I have not given out any of your information. I am sorry to say but with how discreet we were about you there was only one way this could happen to you. Someone that knows you, did this.' Julia tells me.

If that were true then who could it have been, it was not Youngjo, it couldn't have been Kelly.

'Was it my parents?!' I finish the end of my thoughts aloud unconsciously, gaining Geonhaks attention from my sudden shout. The mention of my parents saddened him already but with the little information he knew he could piece things together easily as to what I was thinking about.

I thought for what seemed like hours figuring out a conclusion until the phone rings and I answer.

'So youre becoming a revolutionary now? can't say i support it.'

'Who are you?'

'I'm your owner, the one that bought you at the auction, you weren't careful enough dear. You got too brave and put yourselves on a public stage for your cute little cause. I had to at least get revenge and expose you two.'

'YOU were the one that gave out our identity?! How did you know it was us?!'

'I met with you both right after my purchase, remember? That small lonely room where we first met? I don't forget what my own things look like, didn't expect you to put yourselves on tv though and now I know so much about you, where you are, where you work~'

'I know a bit of knowledge about you too, Joshua Cohen.' My threatening tone falls on deaf ears.

'You think that scares me? I have already won once before. You two escaped and stole my own pet, give me a reason why I shouldn't take back what's mine?'

'I...can't give you a reason.' I never expected to be called by him. I am unprepared and stunned, Geonhak hears the voice from the phone and stands to my side, listening.

'Smart girl, you understand I paid good money for the three of you. I know where two of you are and I have the money to get whatever information I need. I could be watching you right now... oh, and there is an interesting piece of data I have seen from your latest hospital visits.'

My eyes widen and blood runs cold. My face must have gone completely pale.

'That's right I see you're going to have a baby soon, remember, I have the money and power to reveal this to the public in your own hometown, that you're in love with your hybrid and have a baby with him. I could destroy your movement as there are so many loopholes, and if I wanted I could bring you all back into my possession without an issue. So... for amusement purposes, I'm giving you an option to reimburse me and I can leave you alone. You could tell me where MY pet is, or bring me your own. You should choose quickly, there is no third option and failing to decide will be dangerous for you and your family.'

'I.....' Fed up with this man my fear foolishly subsides and I tell him what was needed to be said.

'None of them belong to you.' My brows furrow in anger.

The phone is quiet.

'Is that really your final answer? That's disappointing y/n.' The way he says my name gives me chills.

'Then I will have to use the last choice, I will congratulate you when I get notified of your admittance to give birth but... lets hope you can keep a close eye on your baby. Whether at the hospital or in your own home you... wouldn't want the baby to go missing right?'

'I won't let you do this.' My hands shake and voice is weak.

'I have done the math my dear, when you came to my estate you were already pregnant. If we didn't force that medicine on you to increase your compatibility for a hybrid baby you might not be having one now. Did you know that, without help, a human can't carry hybrids. You should thank me... or at least return the baby that only exists because of me. Everyone... in your little family... is legally mine.
Don't forget I gave you a choice.'

The shock leaves me unable to hear anymore and my mind goes blank. Geonhak has been silently listening to the phone with his sensitive hearing, straining to keep in control of himself but when the last words came to us through the phone he yanks the device from my hand and his entire body tensed as he talked into the phone.

'I will watch my family every day and every night if I need to and if I catch scent of you or anyone with the odor of bad intentions toward us they will be killed.' He bares his teeth, ears and tail twitching with aggravation before ending the call and slamming the phone loudly onto the nearest surface.