Chapter 19 - Geonhak

Now that Youngjo was officially out of my life and no longer disturbing us, we had made plans to get ownership papers for Geonhak. It seemed simple enough to do. The two of us arrived at the adoption center looking and acting on our very best behavior. We were both excited but anxious at the same time, concerned if there was some way that would prevent us from doing this.

After doing some research I discovered that this would be easy enough to do as long as I had the money and time to wait for everything to go through for the process. The woman behind the desk, helping us was very nice and careful to make me aware of all my responsibilities.

Woman: 'I assume you know everything you need to, if you want to continue with this decision then I need you to sign these forms as good as you can.'

She hands over a clipboard of sheets for me to fill out.

Woman: 'Remember that predator hybrids don't get too many chances to mess up so if anything happens I hope you're prepared to give him away to authorities or he will be forcefully taken from you.'

Her comment made me pause for a moment, not from uncertainty but from hearing about something so terrible. At this point he wouldn't have anything bad on his record even after attacking that man in the park and fighting Youngjo only days ago, no one would know a thing about his past actions. Youngjo could have called the authorities and gotten Geonhak out of my life for good but ever since he left we heard nothing from him.

Geonhak sat quietly in the seat next to me as I signed everything, until I came across a certain question that I felt I shouldn't be answering on my own.

—-
Official Name To Be Given To The Hybrid:

I showed him and pointed with a pen at the particular question, he leaned closer to view the sheet and took a moment to think.

'Just Geonhak is good.' He said plainly, leaning back again.

'Are you sure? You could have any name you want.' I stated.

'Okay, then I want my name to be Bruce.'

(What?)

He saw the shocked expression on my face and laughed. The woman behind the desk was only partially amused.

'I'm only kidding. Yes, I want to be called Geonhak.'

I shake my head and move the pen towards the paper the fill out the name.

'Fine, your name is Bruce.'

'What? No I was~'

'Kidding.' I interrupt him and showed him his now official name on the paper.

                                Geonhak

I return the forms to the woman and thank her for helping us. I could see that he was trying hard to hide his smile, occasionally turning away from me to keep it hidden, but the corner of his mouth gave it away.

Woman: 'Alright, he will be yours as soon as we get this information in the system and you should get everything in the mail within the week. You know, most predator hybrids are not very obedient like yours is. Most of them are not cooperative when we do this but seeing him able to come in and sit down quietly was refreshing for once.'

Y/n: 'Really?'

Woman: 'Yes. Sometimes I have to go to the owners location because it would be too complicated or dangerous for them to come here. Whatever you did must have worked, maybe you can be a hybrid trainer or something.' She laughs and speaks cheerfully.

I thank her once again for being friendly and helpful before leaving the building.

'Well that went fine, what should we do now? Should we celebrate?' I ask him.

'I don't think we should celebrate too early, something bad might happen if we do.'

'Do you believe that? Okay, we will wait until later on. You are very careful about this though, like anything we do now will give us bad luck.'

'You never know.' He says quietly, looking around the area.

'Is there something wrong?' I look him in the eyes.

I see him swallow hard, trying to look calm and unbothered but the small signs of his body language tells me everything. He almost won't look at me and his eyes keep darting around like he's looking for something specific.

'Let's go home, I'm not feeling good right now.' He says and starts to walk toward home without me, I follow him from behind.

(Why does he have to be so difficult.)