Chapter 42 - Our Tiny Future.

'Y/n what are you doing?'

I sit at the computer wondering how I can fix this.

'Y/n?'

(Something needs to be done. We couldn't get any justice for our last case but this time I am really craving some closure. It might be the strong amount of hormones and medicine but this whole current state of society is making me irate.)

At this point Geonhak has given up getting my attention and leaves the room.

As I look at the few ways to combat the treatment given at these new 'hybrid work systems' it slowly becomes harder and harder to understand what I am needing to do. During my extensive search a clip is featured on my screen of a woman standing at a podium next to other pairs of hybrids and I unmute the computer.

She talks about growth and mistreatment but is clever enough to make the general audience feel like a victim for letting the actions go on. It appears that her movement is still small but maybe, if I contact them...

This woman can help me I'm sure, maybe I could help them too.

Ah!

A glimpse of movement in the periphery of my vision startles me. Geonhak snuck up from behind and his head got closer to the screen, unfortunately, I didn't expect it at all.

He doesn't move after my scare and only reads the screen then giggles to himself.

GH: 'Y/n..... what are you planning.' He looks at me and a brow raises curiously.

I lean back and cross my arms, speaking confidently and with vigor, my idea forming together each second.

'I'm going to make an example of your place of work, and everyone else will pay attention.'

He backs away looking concerned and a little worried.

'You can't be serious. Are you... going to sue?'

I turn in my seat and reach a hand toward his cheek but he flinches away instinctively.

'I can't even touch you anymore without you being afraid. We need help, we need money, we need to change things.'

---

'Hello I am Julia.' After several calls with this woman we have decided to meet at her location of work. It was a small building but felt open and welcoming to us. She shook both of our hands and asked us about why we were here, what made us do this, why we came to her. I told her everything and surprisingly Geonhak felt comfortable enough to tell part of the story too as well as answering some of the questions she asked to him.

Julia: 'I think we can use your case for a very important statement. You said his self esteem is low and he often is quiet and more cold since the incident?'

Y/n: 'Yes'

'So Geonhak was abused often... and now is in a state that prevents him from working comfortably and also prevents YOU from gaining money.' Julia thinks alound, slowly formulating her plan in our favor to appear as an important statement for ways to force other owners to care.

Julia: 'There are not many of us lawyers that support defending hybrids but I will do what I can. In turn I would like to ask a favor, if you're interested. There are few situations like this I can use to turn the citizens in our favor, I want to help you and the greater state of things for hybrids. Y/n I'm not asking you to stand at a podium in my place and make a big speech but I would like to ask you and Geonhak to make an appearance when I speak of your case at my next event.'

She never calls to Geonhak as just a hybrid, she calls him by his name and talks to him directly, often even smiling, making Geonhak mirror the smile once or twice.

'I'm not sure if I want to do that...'

'I see, it's not a safe place for you two and people will find out quickly you are a couple.' She clasps her hands together over her desk.

'How did you know??'

'You're beginning to... show, and you two are noticeably very comfortable to each other and you can't seem to remember to hide it, people will put two and two together and you will be put into a bigger mess but I have an idea. We only need you to appear at my event only once, your faces can be covered. Other than that I can help you fight against the company that caused you distress too.
No one will know who you are but will still hear your story along with other personal cases of my clients.'

I don't feel sure about doing this but we came to her for this purpose and there really is no other way.

'When did you need us...' I have decided.

'My next event will be next month over the weekend if you are able to come.'

'We can..'

3rd POV
—————
Geonhak looked at y/n as if she was asking for trouble but what could he do at this point, she was determined. He really was hoping to help his fellow hybrids in this messed up system but honestly the risk wasn't worth it to him. He might rather would have been beaten at work everyday and lie to her if only she would keep herself out of his problem, problems bigger than the two of them.

She put her hand on his shoulder and he finally understood, maybe everything SHE was trying to do wasn't for him at all, there was something more important now.

Yes, the obstacles were greater but the changes to be gained for their future, their tiny.. pure.. and innocent future, were even more rewarding.