Chapter 16 - Geonhaks Worry

This morning y/n wanted to check on him before leaving. He was awake, standing at the window that he frequently uses to get in and out of the apartment.
   He had been standing by the window for only a few minutes thinking about what y/n said last night, she seemed unsure if she wanted to keep him around. Maybe he considered leaving for good and never coming back.

He stood there in thought.
(Ever since she brought me here I haven't been the same and I am going to ruin her life if I haven't already.)

Y/n then opened the door and nervously greeted him for the morning, he turned his head, nodded at her and looked back through the glass to the outside.

Realizing he might not want to talk yet, she made her sentences short and simple before closing the door and preparing to leave.

'I'll be home a little later than normal, I need to shop for groceries before coming back, and... don't forget to take your medicine today.'

(She will be away for hours, plenty of time for me to get out of here before she comes back.) He thought, but then he remembered the strange occurrences going on lately.

He could smell something dirty at times when they left the apartment. For weeks the smell followed them wherever they went, they were being followed. Y/n might not have noticed but Geonhak knew early on.

   Whenever y/n left he worried if she would come back. He had often tried to convince her to not leave or to at least take him along but having a dangerous looking hybrid sitting around a coffee shop every day might deter people from coming into the shop at all, he would only be a burden to her daily life.
   Later on when she started helping at the daycare he definitely had no place to be there either. Because of what he is he certainly would not be allowed near small and weak human children. All he could do was wait at home or explore the outside alone, hoping to not be captured as a stray and never able to return to her.

If he were to disappear, y/n would be left alone and in danger. For this reason he chose to stay. He will wait for her. Everyday.