Chapter 43 - So Many Things.

'Are you ready?' I ask, fixing his new jacket.

We were told to dress nicely for the event and brought masks to hide most of our face. We were going to be apart of her event just this once and let Julia handle the rest, no problem.

'This really won't be fun.' Geonhak groans placing the chain around his neck and I straighten his furry ears.

He untucks my shirt in the front, making it fall loose to cover any evidence of a bump. It was important to hide that today.

'I am not excited about this either but people are finally starting to pay attention to what Julia is doing, now is the right time.'

——-

The audience in the park crowded around the small stage, as we began, some booed and some listened to our speakers. There was even a news station here, a sign of Julias motives gaining attention through every event. Geonhak originally wanted to stand in front of
me, between me and the crowd, but was not allowed as it would not send the right message. I was supposed to be the owner and the one to stand in front.

Finally Julia stepped forward for the main part. She expressed the urgency and need for changes to be made regarding treatment of hybrids in the workplace. She painted us as victims, relatable and taken advantage of, in order to make her statement agreeable to most listeners.. hopefully.

Julia: 'Because of what the company did to her property he is unable to work without issues. That has caused this owner to take a major loss in her income, that money that he earned could have been for food, it could have even been paying for medicine that was keeping her alive. Because of THAT company in charge of caring for her property, she could be left without food, maybe without a home now, simply because certain coworkers couldn't control themselves.
This woman deserves some form of compensation as we all would want if this happened to our things but first we need to reform the new system and prevent OTHERS from abusing someone else's property.'

(This... isn't about me. This is about Geonhak and what happened to HIM... She may be dramatic but she is an effective speaker in convincing the crowd.)

Everyone left the stage and gathered in the back, our faces remained covered and Julia adjusted her suit as she came to us.

Julia: 'It is another small step but hopefully in the end we can do bigger things. Thank you for coming I hope we can work together again once things are settled with this case.'

She reaches out and shakes my hand, neglecting to do the same for Geonhak.

Julia: 'Understand that we are still being watched closely so I can only be seen giving my attention to humans here. Keep yourselves hidden until getting home and good luck.' She apologizes looking directly to me, sending quick glances toward him as if those words were not meant for me to receive.

—-
3rd POV
—-
Geonhak sighs as we get through the front door. 'Ah I hope we never do anything so boring again.'

Y/n locks the handle and surprises him with a light hug, hiding her face in his chest feeling more lost than ever.

'I'm sorry. I just want to help.'

His irritation fades quickly after seeing her act so cutely toward him. He strokes the top of her head, fingers shuffling through her hair.
——-

Lights pass quickly above my body as I am moved quickly through a bright clean hallway. The face of a nurse comes into my vision but I can't see her clearly. We pass through heavy doors.
::::

All I hear are screams, not just terrifying... but relieving, I have waited so long for this. I have waited months to meet you, finally I can see your face and feel your tiny hands wrapped around my own.
::::