Chapter 50 - Hot but Cold

It burns my skin so badly. I ran quickly back to home, my lungs were sore. The pain from my lungs adds to the torture and intense agony. I swear I can feel blood dripping down my back but am too worried about making it back to y/n safely. Tears brimmed from my eyelids due to the pain.

I run up the stairs and force open the nursery window, collapsing on my front onto the soft, clean carpet, finally able to stop running.

I breathe heavily and pull my shirt up to end the irritation from the cotton shirt rubbing against the injury. I lay there for a few minutes, catching my breath and can hear y/n crying loudly to Kelly the entire time. Neither of them must have heard me yet. I can barely move now but it would be cruel of me to let her cry any longer. I try to get up, my back muscles tense and I gasp in frustration from my immobile condition, footsteps come running toward me.

It is Kelly that opens the door to investigate the noise.

'What happened to you?!' She screams, surprised to see him already returned and in such a state.

Y/n was not far behind, she was wrapped in a blanket, face and eyes red from crying. Her expression indescribable.

She ran to me and was on her knees, kneeling beside my body, looking worriedly at my new mark.

'Kelly get an ice pack and disinfectant!' She frantically yelled.

—-
3rd POV
——-

She was handed a cloth and the supplies she asked for, hurriedly gathered by her friend.

Her shaky hands poured the medication over the small rag and covered the reddening mark. She wiped the blood away until the shape of the burn was visible.

He yelled angrily at the burning pain, his loud roars echoed throughout the house. Kai began to cry in the next room after being awakened and Kelly left to console him.

Geonhak did not becomequiet until the pain started to dull into a sharp ache, he stayed laying on his front for hours to avoid aggravating the irritated area more. Y/n looked at his damaged skin and observed the symbol, she had seen it once before, she did not remember where but knew it was related to..... that man. It made her angry. Geonhak didn't belong to him, he belongs to her. Geonhaks body was not his to use as a canvas to display ownership.

The symbol inhabited the center of his back between his shoulder blades, making it difficult for him to move even his arms.

'You should at least get off the floor... when you're ready to move.' She asked, hoping he will move somewhere more comfortable.

He nods his head and agrees, pushing himself from the floor. Geonhak carefully walks away from the room and lays over the living room couch, a pillow under his chin as he hisses into it from the feeling and y/n follows him with medicine, a new bowl of cold water and rags, wringing the cloths out and putting them on his back to cool the angry skin.

He laid on his front, shirtless, and face set to the side over the pillow, his arms streched out below his head. His eyes were peacefully shut as if he were sleeping but he simply stayed there motionless.

'You never listen to me anymore. You left me and never tell me what is happening. You ran away tonight and told me nothing.' She sat next to him and spoke to him with little emotion she had left to give anymore.

He listened in silence as she expressed her frustrations with him, replacing a luke warm rag with another cold one. Her hand gripped the old rag in a fist of growing anger with him.

'I left because I thought I needed to.' He mumbled, failing to give her a sufficient explanation.

'You-' Her voice stopped and fingers curled inward strongly into tighter fists. She was conflicted and couldn't stand, or understand, how she felt toward him.

Her silence and atmosphere caught his attention, making him raise his head to look at her. His hand reached out and touched her arm even though the reach physically hurt him.

She looked down into her lap, then again to him after his touch. He felt sorry for what he did and what he was seeing now. He couldn't look into her eyes anymore, he looked down to her hands curled angrily into the rag and understood what he did really betrayed her trust.

If he could he would have sat her in his lap and held her until she felt better. They didn't know what to say to each other anymore.

The baby began to cry more loudly in the other room.

GH: 'You should go to him now. He is probably hungry.' He laid down again, his face toward the sofa and away from her now, he closed his eyes.

GH: 'I'm going to sleep now. It's too late for Kelly to go home, she can use my side of the bed.'

Y/n: 'Did you need a blanket?'

No reply. He was finished talking for the night, he just wanted to lay there.

'Right... You never get cold.' It was a slight jab at his silence, she walks further into the apartment, turning the lights out and shutting the door.

———