Chapter 33 - Knock Knock

One week went by, she remained on a routine of sleeping, crying, and trying to avoid Youngjo when he came to check on her. It was only days but seemed like forever the loss she felt began to take over and she lost her interest in food on the fifth night. The police hadn't called her about any evidence of Geonhak but she didn't expect they cared enough to look at all. The day was passing by slowly and sunset came nearer but the factor of time had little affect on her. She sat in bed, apathetic to the rest of the world.

Knock. Knock.

It sounded like tapping on glass.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

She thought she was imagining the sound but now was sure it was real. Y/n rose and wandered into the hallway but the knocking stopped when she did. Before turning around to return to the room it happened one more time, louder and more aggressively.

Knock. Knock. KNOCK. KNOCK.

——-
Reader POV
——-

The sound echoed behind the door of the guest room along with noises that seemed like something was trying to pry open a window.

CRASH

Whatever was trying to get in, did.

(Not Again! I need to call the cops ~)

The door swung open and a hand grabbed onto my arm before I could run.

'LET GO!' I pulled and tugged to free my arm but it held on tighter, their nails were sharp but didn't cut into my skin.

I wanted to fight but was enveloped in a weak hug from a large form, it felt heavy on my body as if they couldn't hold themself upright. I look up, there is a familiar face in front of me, tired and dirty.
His eyes open and he looks back at me.

'Y/n, You locked my window, did you think I wasn't coming back?'

'I..'

'You thought I was gone forever didn't you? I thought you could trust in me more than that.' He smiles weakly.

I ignored his words and became frantic, pushing my hands against his chest in anger.

'Why did you do that!? You ran away and I didn't know if you were even ALIVE!'

He looks to the floor past my shoulder.
' I'm sorry.' Was all he could say, unsure of the words he should be saying next, knowing it was his fault she was feeling this way. He could sense the anxiety in her, so strong as if it were his own emotions. He began to speak almost in a whisper.

'It was the only way to save you.' He said quietly still looking downward and your frustration melted instantly, the last of your tears fell down your cheek. You hugged him right away almost pushing him backwards. You just wanted to remember how it felt, needing to find a secure feeling to defend you from all of the dark times you have gone through alone since he disappeared.

His hand rubbed your back.

'I want to go to bed? I'm really tired.' He sighs and breathes out.

I take his hand firmly and walk him to my room, our room, and he stops before the bed.

'What's wrong?'

'I'm a mess.'

He stood there looking eager to lay down and he was only a little disheveled, his clothes unclean and his hair unwashed.

'I don't care.'

His lips barely curl up into a smile at my uncommon, unconcerned response to his appearance before he removes his shoes and lands on his back, not bothering to cover himself.