Chapter 31 - Home

Y/n woke up as the sunrise became brighter, she watched the shades of pink and orange expand across the sky until the sun was visible and brightened the area. The hybrid next to her still slept propped up with his head faced away from the window in her direction.

She wonders where he will go when they make it to the end, she wasn't going to take him, she wasn't going to replace Geonhak. She was going to the police as soon as possible to get help looking for him.

The bus makes its first stop of the day and she checked to see where they were to go to next. There was very little money left and the next stop was the end for them but there was still so far to go.

'Excuse me.'

Her thoughts were interrupted by and old woman sitting across the aisle from her.

'You look familiar, can I get your name?'

Y/n can only be suspicious of the woman and gives her a false name.

'Oh I'm sorry I thought you were someone missing.'

'Someone missing?' She repeated.

The woman takes out her little phone and shows a picture of a woman, a picture of her and that she was definitely being searched for, but who initiated the search for her?

'Oh... that does look like me but its not.' She says awkwardly to the old woman.

'Sorry I could have sworn but~ nevermind dear, anyway are you trying to get home? You seem to have been here for the night.'

'I am.'

The woman may have been old but was not easy to fool, she was certain y/n was the missing girl but said nothing. It didn't take much effort to pull from the experiences of her past careers to know what y/n was trying to do. Although unaware of the hybrid being a part of the party, the old woman was able to understand the girl was going in the direction of her home city and was already in a safe place.

The two eventually finish their conversation, concluding with the woman handing y/n a small amount of money and y/n giving in to the woman insisting on the small donation.

The start of their journey was hectic and heartbreaking but at least the last stretch of the distance was easy enough but still not fully relieving.

(A lucky break.) Y/n thought.
(But not without its consequences)

She limped up the stairs and turned the handle to the front door only now remembering that her door would be locked since the intruders that took them came throught the window that night.

The handle turned as it was unlocked somehow.
——-
Reader POV
——-
(Is someone in there? What if it's the kidnappers again?)

I'm already so paranoid after everything, it will be a long time before I feel some control back in my life. The Tiger mentioned nothing of a suspicious or dangerous scent nearby so, with the last of my courage, I unwillingly step inside.

Someone familiar sits on the couch, a paper in hand and phone by his ear.

'Did you find her yet? I know it's only been a few days but~' He stops and turns around.

It was Youngjo.

'Y/n where were you!?' He says with a weak voice and hurries to pull me into a hug, his arms trembling.

I sit with him on the couch and explain everything, excluding parts that were too much to remember let alone wanting to mention those details at all.

'So that's what happened, you went through a lot y/n but you're back now. When I came back to apologize the door was locked but I waited and you didn't even go to work so I used my key and saw the mess in here. I thought the hybrid attacked you but.. why did you come back with a different one?'