Chapter 52 - Judgement Day

'Mister Cohen. You are suspected of illegal human trafficking, particularly regarding this human woman. You are also being accused of threatening to kidnap her baby and injuring this womans hybrid.' The Judge reads from a bundle of formal documents, holding his glasses in place to get a good focus on each word as he reads them aloud.

'None of that is true your honor. I have not commited any human trafficking. I am only here to prove that she and her friend have stolen my hybrid and are withholding him from me.'

'I see, and that is your only accusation?' The judge flips through a file on his desk.
'You claim the Tiger hybrid belongs to you. Do you have documentation?'

'I have them here.' Cohen hands them over for the old judge to observe. The papers must have been accurate enough and he now questions us.

'Explain why you two supposedly stole his Tiger hybrid.'

Y/n: 'We didn't. He escaped with me and my hybrid.... When we were running away from his estate.' I say, redirecting the attention to the worst crime of our case.

'That's your story then.... you have come to the police with this case before but they could not find any evidence of you OR your hybrid being bought at an auction by Mister Cohen.'

(So that's his plan huh? He won't ask for Geonhak because it will get him in trouble. But Tiger is fair game to take back into his possession.)

'The evidence of human trafficking is yet to be proven. Let's move on to the other claims for now, do you have proof that he threatened to kidnap your baby?'

Y/n: '... No. I don't have proof to give you, if I had known I would have.. recorded the phone call....' I visibly shrink into myself and notice Cohen forming a sly smirk, staring at me the way he did when we first met at the auction.

'Hmmm then do you have proof that your hybrid was injured by this man at least?'

Y/n: 'Yes. There is a mark burned into his back.'

(Finally a chance to prove something.)

'Lets see it then.'

Geonhak turns and lifts his shirt exposing his back only to the Judge and jury. Some gasps are heard as the burn still looks very painful. I point out the mark and explain how it was placed there on his skin as the way Geonhak told me it happened.

'That is interesting but how can you show me that the mark is some signature of this mans ownership? There are no letters and that mark has not shown up once in the previous searches.'

Y/n: 'Uhm.. I.'

'We can show you it's his mark.' Kelly stands up and I turn to her in confusion.

(What could she possibly mean?)

Tiger steps up by Geonhak and lifts the back of his shirt as well. The judge observes both symbols before they replaced their clothes back into place. He looked long enough, taking careful note of each straight and curved line. I stood back and waited. Surely this was enough, my hands held tightly together and shook from the force of my grip.

He addresses Cohen again.

'You said this Tiger was yours? Your papers show it as well. You don't seem to claim the other one but BOTH have the same burns. I have reason to suspect you DID buy both of them, one through proper legal procedure, and one of them while you illegally bought Miss y/n I assume.'

'No no that isn't my symbol and there could be many out there that are designed that way.' Cohen was starting to lose his calm demeanor.

'Bailiff look at their backs, see for yourself. Do you not see a notch in the outer line? I suspect it is from the same exact iron bar that has been dented in such a subtle way.'