Chapter 51 - Day of Reconnecting

He rose from his bed of couch cushions and saw the sun peek through the blinds. He blinked away his exhaustion, energy returning to him the longer he stared at the sunlight. The place was quiet throughout every room. His back was sore and ached with sharp pain but he stood up and streched his limbs. His hand covered his face out of regret when he recalled what happened last night. She was not happy with him but now he wanted to fix it, this was a new day.

He opened the bedroom door and found his side of the bed empty, no signs of her friend staying for the night. Kai was asleep, his small body wriggling a little.

He climbed onto the bed and over y/ns body while she slept underneath only thin sheets that remained covering her. His body in a position hovering over her and he brought himself lower until his forehead lightly touched her own.

She woke to the new feeling of his messy hair tickling her forehead, her eyes opened to see his eyes were so close. Any animosity toward him did not exist anymore because the closeness made her heart beat so strongly, that feeling of love.

He smiled and she smiled back, no words were needed before a long kiss brought them together, their lips glided against each other and it was a moment of bliss. His arms held himself on his elbows while allowing his reach to run fingers through her hair. She touched his soft hair in turn and wiped his messy bangs out of the way. His eyes were amazing to her and he thought the same about hers. She touched his cheek softly and looked up at him.

This entire moment was as if they were one being, mirroring the others movements, appreciating the others features with the same amount of adoration.

GH: 'Where did your friend go?' He needed to know before going further.

'She left already.' Y/n said with a tired voice.

'Good.'

His head dropped lower onto her neck and he left the sweetest kisses before nuzzling his head against the skin above her shoulder. He kissed softly and her hand wrapped behind his back, snaking upward across it to hold him. He hissed at the smallest touch, the burn making itself known again.

'I'm sorry.' She pouted, remembering to be more careful.

'Don't worry.' He rose up and smiled at her, eyes still showing a concern in the back of his mind, remembering the night before.

Geonhak rolled onto his side next to her, his arm reached over and pulled her cheek to his lips for one more show of affection. Only a few seconds of peace before-

Waaahh

The baby cried suddenly, both parents left the bed in a, slow, calm manner. He was the first one to pick him up from the crib, holding Kai up, a bundle in his relaxed and strong arms.

Y/n stood nearby and watched Kai crying, she tried not to laugh when Geonhak held him upright between his hands, trying to distract Kai with funny sounds and odd faces.

'Maybe you should keep holding him over your arm instead, he is still too young to recognize your... funny antics. Try moving around.' She corrected him, returning the baby back into a safer hold. As a new mother she was still extra careful with Kai. Geonhak had plenty to learn, to adopt a gentler way of holding his son.

'I... what if he is hungry?' He asked after minutes of no success in quieting the baby boy. His rocking and swaying did nothing. He was beginning to worry, if Kai really was hungry then he would have to give him away to eat.

'He was fed earlier, sometimes babies just need to cry.' She patted his shoulder and left for the bathroom.

They all met again in the living room after y/n had improved her appearance a little. He waited for her and paced around the room, lightly bouncing the small hybrid. It was clear this method was starting to work.

(Hah. Finally.) Geonhak thought, at least this time he could do something to help comfort him and end the sadness.

'Good job daddy.' She told him, taking a peek at the baby on the edge of sleep.

The new title felt like an award, a medal of the highest honor.

(Dad. Daddy. Protector.) The words rang in his head over and over.