Chapter 38 - Good? Night

Kelly hugs me as soon as the door opens, followed by Tiger coming up to embrace me strongly and with great care.
Geonhak stands behind me and quietly growls beneath his breath, the man was too close and even touching me was clearly too much but he continues to hug me before letting go and walking further into the Kelly's home, pulling Geonhak with him.
-----
3rd POV
-----
Tiger:'I haven't seen you guys in forever, looks like you got out of the forest okay.'

GH: 'Yeah... and thanks for helping me fight off that mountain lion.'

'Your sarcasm is inspiring... come on, can't you just really be thankful for something for once, try it sometime? You can stop being so defensive around me too, we're practically pet pals now.' The Tiger hybrid pats Geonhak playfully hard on the back.

'Fine...' Geonhak readies himself to act grateful, a behavior he isn't familiar with and not nearly as comfortable conveying. To him it was a sign of weakness and submission.

'Thank you.. for getting y/n home.' His animal ears droop and flatten partially.

'She was really scared for you, you know? I also feel sorry for you.'

Geonhak looks at him confused and then angrily, his eyes narrowing. 'What do you mean you feel sorry for me.'

Tiger laughs nervously.
'Don't worry I didn't mean anything bad. I meant y/n was really stubborn and she didn't keep control of herself. Sometimes I think if she were left alone in that situation, she wouldn't make it. It's like she completely gave up.'

There is an awkward silence between them other than the conversation in the next room where y/n and her friend converse loudly enough to not recognize the sudden quiet on the other side of the door.

GH: 'She does have trouble, staying level headed.'

Tiger whispers to him, hand cupped next to his mouth.
'Just make sure that doesn't happen anymore, you and I both know the reason.'

'She will be okay now, I know you didn't tell
y/n about the baby even though you could have, why?'

'Why?' Tiger repeats.

'It wasn't any of my business, I know humans can't sense it as soon as us so obviously she didn't have a clue... also I was scared you would attack me or something if I did.'

'You're scared of me? Good.'

'Hey you two should just get along and stop being so territorial.' Regardless of their sharper senses, neither of them payed enough attention to notice y/n and Kelly approaching them from behind.

'It's not just territory it's about dominance.' Geonhak corrects Kelly and y/n laughs.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

It's dark. Your stomach hurts. It hurts so bad.
You wake up and get out of bed only to collapse on your knees, holding your stomach and the pain causes you to cry out. Geonhak sits up, turning over to see why you were whining and whimpering so loudly.

He crouches at your side and can smell something different, something bitter, a strong smell that left a bad taste in his mouth.

'Call Youngjo, he can drive me to the hospital.' You can barely get the words out and try to stand up, trying to collect your bag of important items and information to bring with you. The pain was surprisingly already starting to subside and decrease to an ache but your worry didn't follow suit.